• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Will Bad Credit Kill My Dream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHAWAM

I understand that you didn't qualify for any scholarships because of the GI bill. But I still fail to understand how you thought you could finance school, your lifestyle, and bills off solely your GI bill and not work. Why didn't you work while you were in school and getting the GI bill? This is why many guys aren't being easy on you about this. I'm going the BDCP route myself and I'm busting my ass while I'm in private college and I'm not getting any scholarships either and my tuition is racking up. So you know what I'm doing about it? I have two jobs and I work 7 days a week to offset my owed balances with no GI bill to back me up. I know a girl in college who has 300 dollars a month's worth in perscription costs, works 50 hours a week, and has 18 credit hours. I know another college student in my class who worked 30 hours a week to support her freaking parents and their household and had no less than 15 credit hours a term, but still found time to be Magna Cum Laude and hold club office God bless her soul. What is your excuse pal?

It disturbs me quite a bit and saddens me a little to find that so many weeks after I made my last post, I'm being attacked by people and their assumptions. It also bothers me that my posts are what have caused so many of you to attack each other in very immature and spiteful ways. To tiz84 I say this: in all honesty, where do you get off attacking me in your "holier-than-though" hostility? Let me clarify a few things for you, considering you've assumed so much about me. 1) When did I ever say that I was "financing my school, lifestyle, and bills" with my GI Bill alone? I've been working part-time jobs my entire time here in college. I guess you think getting a double major in Art (with it's 3 hour classes AND labs) and English is just a cake-walk, right? Just because I decided not to post my entire life story on here (editing out irrelevant information) what gives you the right to attack me just because you assumed something about me that wasn't true? I know plenty of people struggling to make ends meet while getting a college education. I would think that someone trying to do the same thing would have more consideration than to come down on someone else without falling down the slippery slope of ignorant assumptions.

To all the others that have been attacking each other or me in my absence (whether directly or indirectly), you should all be just a little ashamed. People come on these forums looking for help, not to see 20 guys/gals cat-fight about whether I'm a sh*t-bag and deserve this or that. It is oh-so very easy to talk down to someone from a position of comfort. I should know, I used to do it all the time. I'd say to my friends "Well if you had just done this, this, and that, you wouldn't be in the problem you are now; it's your own damn fault." Look at how it's come back to bite me on the ass. If you can't stop your petty arrogance personality flaws from perverting a system that is here to help people exposing their souls, hopes, and fears,then maybe you just shouldn't say anything at all. Honestly, I've never seen so many supercilious people in one place...except for my 4yrs as a Marine.

As of this posting, I have paid off one of my debts and the other is, surprisingly, null and void. The statute of limitations wore out on it and the collectors were using illegal practices to get tripple the balance that was actually owed, such as insulting my character, and telling me I was a sh*t-bag Marine when they knew absolutely nothing of my military service. An Airforce recruiter and an Army recruiter both offered me commissions, but I turned them down. I wanted the Navy, nothing else. I would like to close by saying that EVERYONE makes mistakes and falls down eventually; just because everything is flying fine for you now, you might want to think twice before rubbing someone's face in their misfortunes. It will inevitably be your time in the future.

GMan1976

Banned
"Well if you had just done this, this, and that, you wouldn't be in the problem you are now; it's your own damn fault."

I gotta hand it to ya... you actually used a semi-colon correctly... you MUST be an English major. Good for you! :D

About your debt... so if you are such a hard worker, part time job, double major, blah blah, how did you end up so far in debt? When did you have the time to spend all that cashola? Just curious... what are your expenses?

p.s. not trying to sound like a dick, I just AM one. But seriously, if you want good answers, you need to provide all the info...

BackOrdered

Contributor
It disturbs me quite a bit and saddens me a little to find that so many weeks after I made my last post, I'm being attacked by people and their assumptions. It also bothers me that my posts are what have caused so many of you to attack each other in very immature and spiteful ways. To tiz84 I say this: in all honesty, where do you get off attacking me in your "holier-than-though" hostility? Let me clarify a few things for you, considering you've assumed so much about me. 1) When did I ever say that I was "financing my school, lifestyle, and bills" with my GI Bill alone? I've been working part-time jobs my entire time here in college. I guess you think getting a double major in Art (with it's 3 hour classes AND labs) and English is just a cake-walk, right? Just because I decided not to post my entire life story on here (editing out irrelevant information) what gives you the right to attack me just because you assumed something about me that wasn't true? I know plenty of people struggling to make ends meet while getting a college education. I would think that someone trying to do the same thing would have more consideration than to come down on someone else without falling down the slippery slope of ignorant assumptions.

Your quote:

I've been living off my G.I. Bill for the past 3 years (school, car payment, EVERYTHING). As of this posting, my LAST check is on its way. I'm losing my mind because unless I get into the BDCP, I'm skrewed (I'm talking virtually homeless in a matter of months).

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15797

I'm sick of mincing words for you. You are either suffering from memory loss, ironically fail as a writer, or you are a liar. You talk a big deal about being an Officer. I just find it interesting that you've gone from former enlisted marine (cool), to in heavy debt (also cool), to "being an Officer is my dream please give me BDCP money before they take me away"(not cool) . You even had the gull to think you could avoid the PFT:

On top of all that, I'm pretty positive I wouldn't pass the PRT. I know I'm a former Marine, but 4 years of inactivity put me right back at square one. I can crank out 50 crunches, and maybe 30 pushups in 2 minutes, but as for the run...I wouldn't even pass the minimum there. I've seen various things posted: "You don't need to pass the PRT", "Yes you definitely do.", "I never took a PRT while in the BDCP", "Your test scores and GPA are what really matter", etc. What are my chances? I know that I could pass the PRT in about 2 months, but I don't have that long...my money is practically aready gone and I don't know how my credit is going to affect this all.

If it's not true, then why didn't you deny it when Hal Pilot accused you of it in the other forum? I know few who would stand and watch their "dream" get attack in such a way.

And here we see the depth of your resolve:

According to him, I can't get a security clearance for at least 3 years, even if I were to pay off all the debt this very day. So there goes my dream. Mediocrity and a lifetime of living pay check to pay check, here I come.

Yes, being an English major has to be hard when you know nothing about composition. Gee, since you aren't doing this for the money, why would you giving up just because you wouldn't be eligible for BDCP? Why not try plain OCS if it isn't about the money? And what's a 3 year wait when your "dream" is on the line?

Face it, you just want to escape debt. I didn't call you a dirtbag, I didn't call you worthless, but you have painted a pretty good picture of your true motives. And as far as me telling half-truths about my life, my package has been submitted weeks ago. If I'm just a liar, than reality will catch up with me as fast as it did for you.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
As of this posting, I have paid off one of my debts
Good on you (+1)
and the other is, surprisingly, null and void. The statute of limitations wore out on it and the collectors were using illegal practices to get tripple the balance that was actually owed, such as insulting my character,
Bragging because you did not have the responsibility (-1), moral fiber (-1) or good character (-1) to pay off the debts that you knowingly incurred. Not exactly officer-like qualities (-1). Triple the balance is excessive (+1) but interest payment and a reasonable interest (-1) should be expected and I would insult your character too if you owed me money and didn't pay regardless of any statue of limitations (-1).

So 2 in the plus column and 6 in the negative for an overall total of -4 in just this small portion of your post alone. Yup, you're a scumbag.

Whine somewhere else....this thread is beating a dead horse (like your Navy commissioning aspirations) and is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.