• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why Building 89 = Hell...

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Payne really was an awesome instructor, even if he did open the canopy and smack me in the helmet, all the while screaming, "Damnit [me], pull your head out of your ass!" Hey, I'll be the first to admit that sometimes it takes those kind of measures to teach me, so I was cool with it. And he always had a pretty valid reason for what he said/did, which I completely respect.

Plus, he looked like an evil version of Willard Brimley [sp?], so there's that.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
skidkid said:
and the eye.
Oh yes.....never quite sure where to focus. I was always hoping he was going to kick me out of the sim and show me how to fly with one finger on the stick to show me how much I was overcontrolling on BIs..............

Circle K

pilot
RetreadRand said:
Payne is still there...some guys appreciate his brutal honesty...others just bitch that he is mean. I have not had him yet

I got four hops with him, lucky me. Each one was the same, learned alot, during a miserable hour and a half... thought I'd be lucky if I MIF'd the hop, and then opened my grade sheet to a lot of good grades... walked out of Bldg 89 wondering what had just happened.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Yeah, that sounds like Payne. Despite his gruff exterior, he really does care about STUDs learning, and he was fairly good about acknowledging when you actually did something well. Of course, that wasn't too often in my case.