• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why Building 89 = Hell...

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
This is a place for all of us Corpus people to bitch about the Sims...

Man I hate the Sims!! It's too dependent on who you fly with!!!

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
"I smell dead people..."

I've said it before and I'll say it again...that building smells like old balls.

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
I know it was said before, but some of the guys in 27 or 28 were talking about making a 100-hour patch for Sim Stand-by and showing a picture of a couch on it. And yes, that building does smell like old balls..... not that I would know.....errr......ummm....nevermind.....i hate you guys, you tricked me into saying that!!!

rare21

pilot
Contributor
the day i checked out of corpus and had to check out of building 89 I still got a shudder even though i hadnt been there in months.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
zab1001 said:
"I smell dead people..."

I've said it before and I'll say it again...that building smells like old balls.
And just exactly how would you know what old balls smell like? Never mind, I don't think I really want to know.......

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know because I had to do all my sims there...you just know...

that, and now I have them too

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
skit?

I got it from "Big Daddy", when Sandler walks in on his gf and "Old Man River" and he says "him and his...loose skin...and OLD BALLS..."

My boy (now a C-2 dude) used to scream that at chicks with old guys we'd see when we were in Corpus as students...it didn't work...weird...

KBayDog

wiseguy04 said:
I know it was said before, but some of the guys in 27 or 28 were talking about making a 100-hour patch for Sim Stand-by and showing a picture of a couch on it.

Sim Stand-by? You're kidding, right?

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
sim standby... sitting on the couch for 4-8 hours at a time, depending on how many people were standing by that day.

KBayDog

squorch2 said:
sim standby... sitting on the couch for 4-8 hours at a time, depending on how many people were standing by that day.

That sucks! There's 4-8 hours of your life that you will never get back. Hope it was fun.

We never had sim stand-by. (In fact, in VT-6, we were never scheduled for stand-by flights. If IPs weren't available, you simply weren't on the schedule. )

For those of you debating Whiting vs. Corpus, this is another thing to consider.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Eh, Sim standby was particularly a VT-28 thing at the time where it was taking a month to get done with CPTs. 27 Had it too, but not as much (they would send students in for several hrs at a time- keeping about 2 students there. 28 would just schedule an entire class for the whole day). At that time there was an RI backup and the sims booked all day and they were running 6 days a week sometimes.

Recently, there is a good amount of space available on the sim sked. CPTers have been getting profsits and some people have assigned practice sims as events...

makana

I wake up in the morning & I piss excellence.
pilot
KBayDog said:
That sucks! There's 4-8 hours of your life that you will never get back. Hope it was fun.

We never had sim stand-by. (In fact, in VT-6, we were never scheduled for stand-by flights. If IPs weren't available, you simply weren't on the schedule. )

For those of you debating Whiting vs. Corpus, this is another thing to consider.
That is squadron-dependent. I was in VT-3 and logged many hours on the pool table in the student lounge on standby. I will give you the fact that VT-6 is better known for its no bullsh!t scheduling.

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
Hey Retread Rand,

Yeah, that's the skit that I got the quote from. "I hate you guys!! You tricked me into saying that!! Screw you for judging me!!" Yeah, that was a funny skit, and I think it was on the "What the Hell Happened to Me" album. Good album.

KBayDog

makana said:
That is squadron-dependent. I was in VT-3 and logged many hours on the pool table in the student lounge on standby. I will give you the fact that VT-6 is better known for its no bullsh!t scheduling.

I understand it's up to the squadron (hence why I'm glad I was a Shooter). Flight standby I could almost buy into (fortunately I never had to!)...but sim standby? Oy, vey!