• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why Building 89 = Hell...

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
BigIron said:
Me too....Same feeling of dread. I remember all of the "4 horsemen's" names....I won't post them here, but you all know who they were... (You all probably being in the '98 '99 time frame). Probably still working there.

Yep, still there.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It isn't like they'll ever leave...even Granpa Radcliffe carted around his own O2 bottle.

(but he was a pretty nice guy, few and far between)

pop quiz: (creepy voice) "sooooooo where's your hometown? let me place a push pin on my little map..."

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
starts with S ends in R and there is a y in there. Yeah seriously creepy little man.

Pop quiz looks like Santa, grades like Santa.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
skidkid said:
starts with S ends in R and there is a y in there. Yeah seriously creepy little man.

Pop quiz looks like Santa, grades like Santa.

Actually there were a couple of them. Did the one you're referring to also do different voices for all the 'controllers' you talked to?

gregsivers

pilot
When I had a sim with Radcliffe I was afraid I'd open the canopy and find him dead. Good guy to fly with though.

I didn't mind flying with Sloyer actually, although the map was a little odd.

Gaijin, you talking about Glomb? I never had ole Covey Claus, would've been nice.

Then there's everyone's favorite, one thumbed Jeter.

gregsivers

pilot
skidkid said:
I didnt mind Jeter. Archer was my nemesis.

Never flew with Archer. I think it depended on how much Jeter drank before coming in as to how he was. Davis was one guy I HATED. Only flew with him once, but he was a monster. If you had one word out of order from the FTI procedures, "shaky knowledge in the brief and on procedures."

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
zab1001 said:
It isn't like they'll ever leave...even Granpa Radcliffe carted around his own O2 bottle.

(but he was a pretty nice guy, few and far between)

pop quiz: (creepy voice) "sooooooo where's your hometown? let me place a push pin on my little map..."

Haha... "The destroyer"...

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
gregsivers said:
I never had ole Covey Claus, would've been nice.

I was sked to have him once, but he was sick or something... i was greatly disappointed... Being RIs and all I coulda used an early christmas.

gregsivers

pilot
zippy said:
I was sked to have him once, but he was sick or something... i was greatly disappointed... Being RIs and all I coulda used an early christmas.

That must've been a regular old kick in the nuts. Just don't pick a sh!tty IP for your XC, and hang in there, almost done.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Yeah, Glomb did the voices, which was a little weird, but better than him falling asleep when you had a question, though.

I never really liked Fairhenbockerheimer, or whatever his name was. I think he just didn't like me because I told him I didn't want jets. That, and I really didn't feel like taking his shit much. He kept asking me in this arrogant tone if I did, in fact, speak and understand English, so I asked him if he'd like me to speak another language instead. It went downhill from there.

I'm all for being respectful, especially to people with thousands and thousands of hours, who are trying to impart some of that experience onto me. But I'm too hard-headed and my BS meter is too often pegged to take shit for too long. I was a huge fan of the guys who just told me I was doing something wrong, so that I could actually FIX the problem.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Yeah, pretty stupid, but I guess I typed that post a little out of context. While walking down to the sim bay, he was asking me if I spoke any other languages. Still, my temper did get the better of me for a second. Not good headwork, I know, but I'm doing much better now.

pittflyer

This is why I can't get into Grad School
pilot
gaijin6423 said:
I never really liked Fairhenbockerheimer, or whatever his name was...But I'm too hard-headed and my BS meter is too often pegged to take shit for too long. I was a huge fan of the guys who just told me I was doing something wrong, so that I could actually FIX the problem.

I hear ya on this guy...almost opened up the lid on myself during one of the RI's I had with him. Apparently I was screwing up an approach (go figure) and instead of telling me what was going wrong or offering instruction on how to correct (I think they call that teaching?) I got a "ERRRRR...ERRRRR....ERRRRRR" into my headset when I screwed something else up. I was so pissed. I was about 2 seconds from taking the pinksheet, walking out, and explaining myself to the skipper than put up with one more "ERRRRR" echoing through my headset. I can feel my blood pressure rising just writing this down.

aviatorshade

Catfish
pilot
Had a buddy fly with Jeter one time. This happened not too long after his infamous blowing the thumb off of his (right-left?) hand while cleaning a shotgun. Anyway, story goes, Jeter is yelling at Blnger to fix his airwork or something and Blnger comes back with, "sorry Sir, I'm all thumbs in here"! Long pause.........Jeter comes back with HA .,,,....HA......very funny. Now thats ballsy! At least the guy had a sense of humor about it though.
Is Payne train still around,, I actually liked flying with that guy and always learned a lot although no instructor probably cussed and yelled at me more.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Payne was good to do. He actually cared about teaching you. It was painful at times but worth it.