• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why are there so many fat girls in Kingsville?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
rare21 said:
go downtown in any south Texas town and say that outloud in front of some of the locals. we'll see how long you last.

How is that a measure of intelligence?

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
smittyrunr said:
Maybe Men's Health isn't the authority, but the University of Wisconsin did a literacy study and ranked Corpus 3rd from the bottom. (El Paso was last)
http://www.uww.edu/npa/cities/

Yeah, but in what language are the literacy tests done? Notice that the vast majority of the low ranking cities also have very large hispanic populations. These cities may be quite literate in Spanish.

Notice also that the report is skewed in another way ... Atlanta is listed as having 416,474 people. The greater Atlanta area has somewhere around 4 million people, but the metro area has (presumably) 416k. So for Atlanta, only the peole who can afford to live in the city center are included, not the people who live in the suburbs. Corpus Christi, on the other hand is (presumably) nearly wholly encompassed in its 277,454 people.

Hmmm. I'm not sure why I really care to post this, because I don't have any great love for Corpus, but I just thought that the study lacked depth.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
You wanna talk about bad drivers? Try driving down here in Daytona. Daytona is where America goes to die. I feel like im running through a Cadillac minefield down here. Nothing like driving down the highway at 70 and swerving out of the way for some granny in her buick doing 35. They can't stay in their lane, go about 20 under the limit, FULLY STOP BEFORE THEY TURN <-which i absolutely DESPISE. Oh yeah I GOT REAR ENDED BY A FRIGGIN OLD PERSON LAST WEEK. GOD D*MNED OLD PEOPLE

perchul

Preaching to the choir Godspeed, don't worry a 2 more months and many of them leave and those who stay you get to kill (you have to go to Wal-Mart to get the license though). FYI Daytona is for p*ssies, yeah you get rear ended but come down to South Florida...driving down here is just like being in a fox hole, there are no atheists who drive down here.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Godspeed said:
FULLY STOP BEFORE THEY TURN <-which i absolutely DESPISE.
I hate that so much that I actually applaud and give BZs to people who can carry some speed into a turn.

Brett

rare21

pilot
Contributor
I dont take offense to hating Texas. There have been enough threads about that to fill my toilet bowl. But no matter how many times i look back at the posts I do see the generalization that Hispanics are not only fat and lazy but are stupid too. I mean i dont know how you can miss it. If a Miltonite came on by and took offense to something i said i'd be the first to apologize.

Think of this as i see it: both my parents are south Texas teachers. My mother graduated from Kingsville A&I. So not only are they fat but they're stupid and being teachers they contribute to more stupidity. If the roles were reversed you'd be offended also. But I forgive you.

Fly Navy said:
How is that a measure of intelligence?

Its not, its actually a measure of stupidity but put a few beers in some of you and I bet its been done. and I wonder why the VT COs cant understand why some SNAs get a beer bottle across the head or a ride from the Blue and White taxi cab during their nights downtown.

many of the attitudes displayed are based on fear. Its different and its not understood. I feel the same way here but i can deal with it. I know none of you in your right mind would go out and insult a race on their turf. It just seems easier here on airwarriors. We all just need to look at the good in everything. we're all professionals (or ascribe to be) so we should act like it. The roles are reversed where i'm at, it seems most are more scared of me than i am of them. its weird to hear doors locking while i walk by.

I'll get off my soapbox now just want you to see it from a South Texas Hispanic's point of view.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Edited to say: I had a response, but this is just too hot for me to touch.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
plates1.jpg
daltx.jpg
boots8.jpg
combo.jpg
lonestar.jpg

REASONS TO LOVE TEXAS :cowboy_12
621966.117092.jpg
10109675.jpg
texas.jpg
cheerleaders_1.jpg

perchul

damn, I'm just saying if they South Texans drive like crap they should be sent to gitmo...geez...god.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Burppp....

Two words....

Refried Beans.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Brett327 said:
I hate that so much that I actually applaud and give BZs to people who can carry some speed into a turn.
Brett
What annoys the crap out of me is when people think they can't get on the shoulder to do a turn.

dufault.2

rare21 said:
If a Miltonite came on by and took offense to something i said i'd be the first to apologize.

Got some issues bra..

1. The preferred nomenclature is Miltonian, not Miltonite.
2. There aren't any internet ready computers at Winn Dixie, so the chances of the average Miltonian getting on-line, finding this site, and proceeding to bust your chops are pretty slim.

God bless southern 'Bama...YEEHAW!!

Status
Not open for further replies.