• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why are there so many fat girls in Kingsville?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
A4sForever said:
But were the numbers a reflection of interest in the Republic of Texas --- or simply the byproduct of a disturbing interest in fat girls on the part of Naval Aviators ???

I think the discussion of restaurants may be a clue...

pittflyer

This is why I can't get into Grad School
pilot
squeeze said:
no... the South Texas driving habit that infuriates me is stopping at yield signs. I can't even count the number of times I've almost rearended someone b/c they come to a complete stop at a hwy exit ramp yield sign. Makes me want to kill more than just about anything.

Had a buddy in CC whose wife was a school teacher. They were talking about shapes and the discussion led to the shape of a stop sign. One of the kids piped up and said that wasn't the only stop sign out there...what about the up-side-down triangle one?

So as you can see it starts early. The parents need to be hit over the head with a baseball bat the size of a telephone pole. :icon_rage

rare21

pilot
Contributor
tell that to freaks here in florida. in corpus it took me 10 minutes to get to the base through city streets and a major highway. Here i live freaking so much closer, no major highway and it still takes me sometimes more than 10 minutes. Bubba with the Dale Earnhardt sticker on a freaking truck going 25 miles per hour.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
unless you're going in the back gate at Whiting, its a 4 lane road heading to it buddy

rare21

pilot
Contributor
2 lanes one way with about 4 stop lights. thats not a highway in any dictionary i know. I love it that Florida needs to make a commercial urging dumbass drivers to move out of the left lane. a cry for help

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
uh... 2 lanes one way + 2 lanes the other way = 4 lanes = highway. You're from Texas... that's a highway brotha.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
then every street running perpendicular to SPID in Corpus is a highway. i dont know many folks that would call a street with 4 stoplights and a speed limit of 45 a highway...except of course for Patty there. you got a dale earnhardt sticker on your crotch rocket there patty? didnt mean to offend...hahahaha

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
well, i can't speak for the road to whiting, as i never drove on it (I tried to avoid getting any helo germs on me ;) )... but you have a point. it would depend on the frequency of the lights.

/agrees with UINavy
//but THAT bored :)

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
4 lane DIVIDED road = highway

and yes, I'm bored too

its either this or get in the Tomcat/SH argument thread where half the people are talking out of their ass

rare21

pilot
Contributor
Punk said:
4 lane DIVIDED road = highway

and yes, I'm bored too

its either this or get in the Tomcat/SH argument thread where half the people are talking out of their ass

you must be from a small town

edit: punk go to the nearest gas station and ask where the highway is. lets see if they point you to US 77 or each of the "four lane" streets with numerous stoplights in the city.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
UInavy said:
Wasn't trying to make fun. This actually sounds like an argument I'd have. I just hope we can get some "expert" opinions on the topic.

haha there's never a cop around when you need one huh?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
dictionary.com
high·way
n. Abbr. hwy. or hgwy.
A main public road, especially one connecting towns and cities.

m-w.com
high·way
Pronunciation: 'hI-"wA
Function: noun

: a public way; especially : a main direct road

wikipedia
A highway is a major road within a city, or linking several cities together. It includes roads known as interstate highway, freeway, motorway and autobahn, where a full description varies by country. Generally, a highway is a road which has multiple lanes of traffic in each direction, often with a physical division (median) between opposing traffic, and separate access ramps to and from the highway which are more widely separated than connections on a standard road and are often grade-separated. A highway may prohibit access by pedestrians and limit what vehicles may travel on it.

Historically, a highway was any major road travelling a long distance outside of a city. Early roads between cities would sometimes suffer from highwaymen who would rob people travelling the route.

In the 20th century, however, the word generally came to be used only for high-speed, often specially-designed automobile routes. On 10 September 1913 the first paved coast-to-coast highway opened in the US.

Highways usually have a higher speed limit than other roads because they have additional lanes and are designed for driving at a higher speed. In remote areas, a highway may have rest areas where motorists may stop and relax before resuming a long drive.

By convention, the lane nearest the median on a multi-lane highway is called the passing lane.

The United States has a vast network of national highways (Interstate highways) linking the different states together, as does Australia albeit on a much smaller scale and mostly concentrated on the southeast coastline. Some highways, like the Pan-American Highway or the European routes, bridge multiple countries. With the latter a single road will have several national designations in addition to the European one.

Probably the most famous highway in the United States is Route 66, as immortalised in the song "(Get Your Kicks On) Route 66", while if one follows Australia's Highway 1 the driver can travel from state capital to state capital, almost the entire way around the whole country.

Status
Not open for further replies.