• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who flies the Buckeye?

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
I would love to go to P'cola and fly the T-2 around. Even more fun if they had the T-45 down there by then.

Let's see, IP in Kingsville or Meridian or go to P'cola instead, that's a hard choice.

It would be nice to be in something that can pull G's again.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would love to go to P'cola and fly the T-2 around. Even more fun if they had the T-45 down there by then.

Let's see, IP in Kingsville or Meridian or go to P'cola instead, that's a hard choice.

It would be nice to be in something that can pull G's again.
Quit your whining. You'll get a 4G bird when you do your BAM and Low Level flights. ;)

Brett

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Actually that may not be a totally out-to-lunch question, HAL. There is at least one P-3 type flying T-45s in the RESDET at Meridian. He flew T-2s before the -45 replaced it. Not sure what his story is or how he got the billet though. So I suppose it is technically possible for a non-jet guy to be a jet IP. I know there's an IUT syllabus for it . . .

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yes, there have been recently (and may still be) helo pilots who have flown the T-2. The specific example I'm thinking of was a LAMPS guy that went to Meridian.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
We had two E-6 TACAMO pilots who were T-45 instructors. And back in VT-6, we had a P-3 reservist, who before coming to -6 to IP, IP'd inMeridian in the T-2.

So anything is possible.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Actually that may not be a totally out-to-lunch question, HAL. There is at least one P-3 type flying T-45s in the RESDET at Meridian. He flew T-2s before the -45 replaced it. Not sure what his story is or how he got the billet though. So I suppose it is technically possible for a non-jet guy to be a jet IP. I know there's an IUT syllabus for it . . .

You're a 9 guy.... he only flies with you guys so maybe you know.... is he restricted to just FAM and BI/RI type flights or can he do Weps, ACM, etc? I'd think a P-3 guy in ACM would be.... ridiculous.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You're a 9 guy.... he only flies with you guys so maybe you know.... is he restricted to just FAM and BI/RI type flights or can he do Weps, ACM, etc? I'd think a P-3 guy in ACM would be.... ridiculous.

I'd have to look at the FIST, but I think he does WEPS. I've seen him scheduled for them in his sim instructor capacity, so I'm sure he knows the pattern and procedures. Not totally sure if he does them in the jet. I've only had sims with him so far.

gyrene

Marine SNA
in VT-22 we've got two P-3 guys. one of them just got spun up on ONavs but he's still not instructing in it yet. otherwise, he's strictly Phase I stuff.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None

We got a couple Prowler instructors teaching radar intercepts in VT-86 Strike/Fighter... granted, it was sims only and just Re-attacks... but still... learn the procedures I guess...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
We got a couple Prowler instructors teaching radar intercepts in VT-86 Strike/Fighter... granted, it was sims only and just Re-attacks... but still... learn the procedures I guess...

Except, you know, Prowlers are Tac-Air and are probably familiar with the concepts. Finding a tanker anyone? (just a guess)

It's not like say a CH-46 guy teaching how to do ACM. I have a feeling they wouldn't let that slide.