• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who flies the Buckeye?

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
naval test pilot school still flies them.

NTPS T-2 pic

Attachments

• T-2.jpg
    T-2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 241

codtanker

United Airlines
pilot
If you never flew it you wouldn't understand. VT-86 for NFOs and Pax River as OCF. There is something to be said about one navaid, one radio type aircraft. Alone and unafraid.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The tubby two was a fine aircraft. Stable, easy to fly, two engines. Made NFO students work pretty good and was an easy transition to jets for the pilots. Up to about the early 90s the T-2 was the first aircraft flown by NFO studs. We got initial issue g-suits and O2 masks and the pilots didn't. The TA-4 was used for advanced. Now the T-2 is considered advanced for NFOs, too bad.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
If you never flew it you wouldn't understand. VT-86 for NFOs and Pax River as OCF. There is something to be said about one navaid, one radio type aircraft. Alone and unafraid.

I loved flying the T-2. Then again, I've flown nothing but the thunder pig for the last 8 years. Hey Kent, trying to get orders out of here and it looks like Meridian or VT-4, both as a department head if it happens. Kingsville is very possible as well. What do you think?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
How does it compare to the t-45

I didn't fly the T-2, I'm a straight TS guy....but as far as technologically... no comparison. We have INS, GPS, TACAN, VOR, ILS, MFDs, a HUD, etc etc. I'll let the T-2 guys fill in the rest.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
I didn't fly the T-2, I'm a straight TS guy....but as far as technologically... no comparison. We have INS, GPS, TACAN, VOR, ILS, MFDs, a HUD, etc etc. I'll let the T-2 guys fill in the rest.

No ADF's for NDB aproaches, flying istrument must be easy then:icon_wink :icon_wink

Im joking, im joking....

I think in my CFII training, I did partial panel ndb approaches about 75% of the time. What a horrible time that was.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
No ADF's for NDB aproaches, flying istrument must be easy then:icon_wink :icon_wink

Im joking, im joking....

I think in my CFII training, I did partial panel ndb approaches about 75% of the time. What a horrible time that was.

I've never flown an NDB approach ever in my life. T-34C didn't have an ADF, neither does the T-45C. Life is good :)

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
why is it that anytime someone brings up IFR stuff, somebody has to point out how hard it is with an NDB?

NEWSFLASH: If you're flying IFR with only an NDB, you're a fvcking moron.

FLY_USMC

pilot
People who think flying NDB approaches are difficult are the same people who only flew them during the training environment, where you would do one after another after another after another. There is a set procedure to do them, ie a course reversal, arc, vectors, whatever, but if your only shooting one to get into an airport, and then leaving off to somewhere else, they aren't bad. Inaccurate, somewhat, but I agree with squeeze, if that's all you got, hey good luck with that, if you have other stuff to assist you, they are just like every other approach, you practice them to proficiency.