• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Yeppers…it was Speedy Tuesday with the old 1861 on an Omega Barenia leather NATO. Also…went to two different Hooters yesterday with some pilot buddies…

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Basic watch question. When wearing a NATO strap, does it matter to the horology gods whether the end of the strap is outside of the wrist or the inside? I only seem to see it worn on the outside. I prefer it on the inside so when it is tucked back under that bulk is not so seen so easily by others. I recently changed a traditional band and installed it the same way. End of strap on the inside of my wrist.

BarryD

Contributor
Basic watch question. When wearing a NATO strap, does it matter to the horology gods whether the end of the strap is outside of the wrist or the inside? I only seem to see it worn on the outside. I prefer it on the inside so when it is tucked back under that bulk is not so seen so easily by others. I recently changed a traditional band and installed it the same way. End of strap on the inside of my wrist.
Like you say, predominantly people wear it on the outside it seems (to include myself), but there's 3-4 ways to wear a NATO (that I know of) and to each their own with respect to how people choose to wear theirs.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Three to four ways to wear a NATO? I am not aware of a couple.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Three to four ways to wear a NATO? I am not aware of a couple.
Were you aware of this way to wear a NATO? See pics below. Works great lasts long time!

NOTE: The Omega replica NASA strap [pictured below] is not technically a NATO…but you could link several NATOs together to achieve the almighty “belt watch”. The almighty Speedmaster “belt watch” pictured below required 2 Omega replica NASA straps linked together…I would venture to guess that at least 4 NATOs linked together would be required to achieve the almighty “belt watch”.

Last edited: