• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

OscarMyers

None
Thanks! I called Brietling and they do not service watches made pre 1970 so they told me to send it to Horological Services in PA to get it serviced.. They said it would be $650 for a basic service + any other services I want them to do/fix. Anyone have other recommendations?

I am planning on getting a black leather strap from somewhere, not sure if I want to spend the $500 for an OEM strap..
A good service is in order, but I'd be careful about getting any polishing services or refurbishment. Refurb can greatly decrease its value. FYSA I found this on a quick google. https://shop.hodinkee.com/products/...eference-806-for-the-aopa?variant=47883549007

OscarMyers

None
Thanks! I called Brietling and they do not service watches made pre 1970 so they told me to send it to Horological Services in PA to get it serviced.. They said it would be $650 for a basic service + any other services I want them to do/fix. Anyone have other recommendations?

I am planning on getting a black leather strap from somewhere, not sure if I want to spend the $500 for an OEM strap..
Quite the historical piece you have there. https://www.breitling.com/us-en/heritage/navitimer/ Out of curiosity what's the reference number on it?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Your wife must be the most patient woman in the world…God Bless her.
Yeppers…she doesn’t like the new Hooters hat very much…and she was fairly vocal about it when she saw the new Hooters hat for the first time this morning. But I’m like honey badger…I don’t care.

Anyway…Speedy Wednesday continues with the 1861 Moonwatch on its original Omega replica NASA strap…

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Today isn't R. Lee Ermey's birthday (March 24th) but it is the day Billy Mays died (OxiClean infomercial guy who didn't seem to have an indoor voice, 2009). I'm sure they heard him coming a long ways off from the pearly gates.