• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

OscarMyers

None
@OscarMyers ...

View attachment 30888

Also, how’s the clearance between the horned Forstner and the 3861 case? See pic below. I had heard that on the 1861 cases there was some contact with the Forstner...but I’m not sure if that was with the straight Forstner or the horned Forstner...

View attachment 30889
Clearance is fine. Maybe a hair in the middle when the horns are pointing up, perpendicular to the lugs, but its a non issue.

Rudy.30

Been getting into watch collecting recently and my mom wanted to give me my grandfather’s old watch he used when he flew his plane in the 50's-60's. Neither of us knew what it was at the time but after some research it turns out to be a Brietling Navitimer AOPA 806... It has been sitting in a drawer for over 30 years and still works. Sending it off to get serviced this week and looking forward to wearing it once I get it back.

Attachments

• Navitimer.jpg
    Navitimer.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 33

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Been getting into watch collecting recently and my mom wanted to give me my grandfather’s old watch he used when he flew his plane in the 50's-60's. Neither of us knew what it was at the time but after some research it turns out to be a Brietling Navitimer AOPA 806... It has been sitting in a drawer for over 30 years and still works. Sending it off to get serviced this week and looking forward to wearing it once I get it back.
What a beautiful watch. Yeah a good watchmaker will get it serviced good as new. Find some good straps for that baby! I'd consider splurging for an OEM strap with deployant clasp and get a number of NATO type straps from cheapest nato straps dot com...

Rudy.30

What a beautiful watch. Yeah a good watchmaker will get it serviced good as new. Find some good straps for that baby! I'd consider splurging for an OEM strap with deployant clasp and get a number of NATO type straps from cheapest nato straps dot com...

Thanks! I called Brietling and they do not service watches made pre 1970 so they told me to send it to Horological Services in PA to get it serviced.. They said it would be $650 for a basic service + any other services I want them to do/fix. Anyone have other recommendations?

I am planning on getting a black leather strap from somewhere, not sure if I want to spend the $500 for an OEM strap..