• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Well a long time ago I started this thread. I finally ended up picking a watch after changing my mind 20 times...

The winner was the Omega Seamaster 300 M GMT. I got it a few weeks ago and so far I love it. Going to keep this bad boy forever!

22345000.gif

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Suunto has their new military watch out..it's larger than most - but at $350 it's not bad...

51eLJG16lHL._SS500_.jpg

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
So, I was commissioned today, and I was told that my Dad got me something special for commissioning/graduation. I wasn't expecting much based on past experiences. My family is not the type to spend a lot on gifts and that sort of thing. However, I was flabergasted when my Dad hands me the present.
rolexgmttq7.jpg

Note: A4s, I won't be sleeping w/ anyones wife.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
So, I was commissioned today, and I was told that my Dad got me something special for commissioning/graduation. I wasn't expecting much based on past experiences. My family is not the type to spend a lot on gifts and that sort of thing. However, I was flabergasted when my Dad hands me the present.
rolexgmttq7.jpg

Very nice snag - especially for a commissioning. I'm hoping for an Omega for the winging. Congrats on the watch and gold bars.

HuggyU2

None
If anyone could PM me with a contact email or contact number for Breitling that would be fantastic. We are considering a Breitling group buy, it would be most appreciated.
Did you ever initiate the group buy?
I just saw your post today. If you still need help, pm me. I've worked with Breitling on 2 group buys, and and working on a third.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Congrats! Nice dad!

badger16

None
Any of you guys have any experience with Hamilton watches? I'm thinking of getting one but I don't know anyone who has had one. They are the oldest American made watch company and use Swiss insides which is a plus. Just wasn't sure if the hype I was being fed at the store was for real. Here are the two i'm looking at.

http://www.hamiltonwatch.com/webapp/en-us/collection/?c=KA&y=14&p=131

and...
http://www.hamiltonwatch.com/webapp/en-us/collection/?c=KA&y=115&p=342

i'd get the stainless steel band with this one not the black leather.

Nose

pilot
Any of you guys have any experience with Hamilton watches? I'm thinking of getting one but I don't know anyone who has had one. They are the oldest American made watch company and use Swiss insides which is a plus. Just wasn't sure if the hype I was being fed at the store was for real. Here are the two i'm looking at.

http://www.hamiltonwatch.com/webapp/en-us/collection/?c=KA&y=14&p=131

and...
http://www.hamiltonwatch.com/webapp/en-us/collection/?c=KA&y=115&p=342

i'd get the stainless steel band with this one not the black leather.

I got the basic field watch by Hamilton (via LL Bean) as a post SERE gift for myself while walking around lovely Freeport, Maine. I beat the living shit out of it for 10 years. No longer my primary, but still works like a champ.

Bio

None
Well a long time ago I started this thread. I finally ended up picking a watch after changing my mind 20 times...

The winner was the Omega Seamaster 300 M GMT. I got it a few weeks ago and so far I love it. Going to keep this bad boy forever!

loadtoad - Good choice! My wife got me a Breitling Aerospace and I love it. I've had it 11 years now, still happy, but if it ever fails the Ω Seamaster will be at the top of my list.

A little sea story about Rollexes or Bolexes. We were a few weeks before deployment and some of the new guys were talking about what to look forward to. One of the "been there" guys was giving them the gouge. He was a good stick, too. Anyway, several FNGs said they were planning to get "copy watches" in Singapore, and wondered if they were even worth the $20.

The vet said, "This is a fake Seiko dive watch I've had a couple of years. It works fine except the date changes at noon instead of midnight." Everyone stopped and looked at him... then burst out laughing.

Someone showed him how to make his watch work right.

MJW

I'm looking to get one of these after OCS. It's a Glycine Airman 17. My dad bought himself one when he got out of flight school in the late 60s. He kept it until just a few years ago and threw it out. He didn't know it was worth anything...

I would go for a metal band.

1000Y8.jpg