• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

phrogpilot73

There may be prettier watches out there, but I think it looks better in person than in that pic. And Phrog: What gives? $890? Pushaw. $600 baby. Guess we had more interest.
I'd say - it was $890, and we BARELY got the 15 people needed... And that also meant that to make 15, my buddy's father quickly became our "Flight Surgeon" ;)

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Good enough for NASA

iss014e19558.jpg

NASA astronauts & Russian cosmonauts wearing the X-33 on the ISS.

jsc2006e41641.jpg

Cosmonaut Oleg V. Kotov, Expedition 15 flight engineer, during a camera review training session at the Space Vehicle Mockup Facility at Johnson Space Center wearing his X-33 on a black kevlar strap.
NASAonground1.jpg

nasaclose-up.jpg

Close-up of NASA USCG astronaut Dan Burbank's wrist (far right).

And yeah, I don't think it is as good looking as the Speedmaster Professional moonwatch or one of the Seamasters, but it won me over with it's utilitarian nature. It was designed with much input from pilots and astronauts, has tons of useful features, and its appearance reflects that.

I think it is 650.00 on Kevlar and 800.00 on bracelet + 20.00 engraving of something around the perimeter, +plus tax, so 890.00 is probably not too far off, especially if you get an extra kevlar strap for 50.00 (the straps are usually 125.00 bucks).

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I think it is 650.00 on Kevlar and 800.00 on bracelet + 20.00 engraving of something around the perimeter, +plus tax, so 890.00 is probably not too far off, especially if you get an extra kevlar strap for 50.00 (the straps are usually 125.00 bucks).

I know, I'm just busting Phrog's chops. For us, it was $600 engraved w/ the metal band and and extra $200 for the kevlar.

jride200

I'm really digging the Omega Speedmaster series, and I am thinking of buying one as a graduation/divorce present to myself. Researching, I've found that Omega makes a Speedmaster Professional ("moon watch") and also makes, or made, a (considerably less expensive) Speedmaster Automatic.

I know that the Professional is manual winding, and common sense tells me that the Automatic is of the automatic winding type. Is it blasphemy for a prospective Naval Aviator, and god-willing future Naval Aviator, to not wind their own watch?

JR

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You obviously haven't read many of A4's posts.
:sleep_125

The only thing that amazes me .... is why would one keep reading "A4's posts" if one thinks them trite and/or tripe ... you know ... since Dec 2004 ????

To keep repeating the same action over and over -- reading A4's posts, in this instance --- and expecting a different outcome ... is a classic definition of insanity.

Or masochism at the very least .... :)

Again .... :sleep_125

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
family1
Total Posts: 9 (0.01 posts per day)

New record for least ammount of posts per day?