• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
I will say that an automatic watch (a watch that gets its energy from your hand movement) will come in handy for Naval aviators on their way to a ship.

It will always be wound as you guys test the flash point of liquid soap on those long cruises.:D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
This thread has now gotten pretty basic, yes??? Mickey's big hand is on the "1" and his little hand is .... ??? :eek:

Nothing wrong with a mechanical wind up watch ... and nothing wrong with a battery watch. Except when the battery craps out and you cannot get a replacement in a timely fashion ... then it's not too good.

The happy medium seemed to be a self-winding watch with a manual wind backup. If it sits for a day or more --- you can always wind it to keep it chugging along ....

But then .... what do I know ... ??? :sleep_125

If anyone could PM me with a contact email or contact number for Breitling that would be fantastic. We are considering a Breitling group buy, it would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
I will say that an automatic watch (a watch that gets its energy from your hand movement) will come in handy for Naval aviators on their way to a ship.

It will always be wound as you guys test the flash point of liquid soap on those long cruises.:D

nice

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
If anyone is looking for a Rolex, Breitling, or Omega, I can get them here in Durkastan for about $20 a pop. Quality not guaranteed.

Please, don't tempt me to stoop to that level - I have been oogling at a few of these watches for a while now and I am weak ...

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Please, don't tempt me to stoop to that level - I have been oogling at a few of these watches for a while now and I am weak ...

Advice:Come on now, "that level". :eek::eek:

When I was a youngster I would try to buy the most expensive Omega, Rolex that I could not afford. Still have a couple of them catching dust in a jewelry drawer.

Now that I could afford, the challenge is to buy the cheapest watch that will keep accurate time, that looks good. Record so far is $4.57 NEX. Once a year I put a battery in it and it keeps as accurate time as my Omega Seamaster did when it was new. The last really good watch was from Mike's Cigars as an incentitive to buy a box of Partagus cigars. Think I got a free torch lighter as well.

Get a Luminox Titanium.. Looks great, keeps precise time and has tritium markers. About $350. Then a $50.00 flat, gold plated dress watch, all you need.:)

Herc_Dude

pilot
Contributor
See, I am still that youngster who wants that expensive Omega, Rolex. :) "That level" that I am talking about is being the guy sporting a $20 knock-off like its the real thing. Ill check out the Luminox, $350 is much more realistic for me anyway.

Herc_Dude

pilot
Contributor
Look into the Citizen line, you might be pleasantly surprised. I was...

With something like a Citizen, where is the best place to purchase something like that. Internet? Mall store? PX ... Im sorry, I mean the 'NEX'?

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I've always been happy with my $500 Breitling.

Breitling.jpg

phrogpilot73

With something like a Citizen, where is the best place to purchase something like that. Internet? Mall store? PX ... Im sorry, I mean the 'NEX'?
Got ours at a mall store. You'll find that some of the nicer watch stores work on comission, so are more willing to negotiate. I got my Eco-Drive Nighthawk for 35% off retail because she needed the comission.

I've always been happy with my $500 Breitling.
I WISH I could get a Breitling for $500.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I have an Omega Seamaster Professional and love it. It's the James Bond watch (GoldenEye) and looks great, feels great and runs great.

BlkPny

pilot
Group Purchase

How common is it for a squadron to make a group purchase? I have a kid winging soon,and would buy a watch as a winging gift. Should I do it now, or wait until permanent squadron and place the order with everyone else?

This is not only to save money on a group discount, but the squadron would probably have something engraved on the back.

Any advice?