• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Here's what I'm sporting (the first was a GIFT from my parents, so save the "gay" comments. I like it)

skyhawk-blueangels-jr3090-58-large.jpg
images%5Cstock%5C527.jpg

For the record: I wear #2 90% of the time (day to day for flying) and #1 when I have a life and leave my house/the squadron.

phrogpilot73

Here's what I'm sporting (the first was a GIFT from my parents, so save the "gay" comments. I like it)

For the record: I wear #2 90% of the time (day to day for flying) and #1 when I have a life and leave my house/the squadron.
For what it's worth, the Skyhawk Blue Angel looks less gay in person than in the picture. It's a pretty nice looking watch...

#2 looks really gay, like 80's gay - you need a G-shock.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

That's what I wear day-to-day, only I was stupid and didn't order the Ti band to go with it. I need to talk to Omega about ordering just the band, as the Kevlar strap 1) is wearing out and 2) doesn't look as nice.

edit: Any of the guys who have done the group buy still have the POC info? I have since lost the email with the #'s and email addresses.

phrogpilot73

edit: Any of the guys who have done the group buy still have the POC info? I have since lost the email with the #'s and email addresses.
No, but do you still have any of the paperwork that came with your Omega? If not, I can dig through mine and see if I can find any info...

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Good to see a couple of you posting the Citizen Skyhawk on here. It comes in many versions, here's the one my wife got me:
2emlj4z.jpg

@ Phrog x2, g-shock is a pretty good watch if you want to go digital.

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None

Insane,

I've got GMT verson in stainless. I'm one of those guys that likes to be able to devote the .5 seconds to scan my wrist and get the time and not have to dicern all the little dails, chrono functions, bezels, CR-2 computers, etc.

If the dial, numbers, and arms look like my VSI, altimeter, and airspeed indicator I can read it in a moments glance.

That's not saying I don't like the other watches, I've just found out after 4,100 hours that the Fortis, Glycine, Bell & Ross, et al work best for me. Black dial, white registry, etc.

Saying that, I do have my fair share of mutli-dial Citizens, Seikos, and Casios in my watch case still. That and I just did the group buy on the Omega X-33.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Insane,

I've got GMT verson in stainless. I'm one of those guys that likes to be able to devote the .5 seconds to scan my wrist and get the time and not have to dicern all the little dails, chrono functions, bezels, CR-2 computers, etc.

If the dial, numbers, and arms look like my VSI, altimeter, and airspeed indicator I can read it in a moments glance.

That's not saying I don't like the other watches, I've just found out after 4,100 hours that the Fortis, Glycine, Bell & Ross, et al work best for me. Black dial, white registry, etc.

Saying that, I do have my fair share of mutli-dial Citizens, Seikos, and Casios in my watch case still. That and I just did the group buy on the Omega X-33.

That's the big reason why I like this Fortis so much. All the whiz-bang stuff, slide rules, chrono, etc, just seem to much to me. Nothing like being able to just read the number and that's it.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Insane,

Good choices...the B-42 Cosmonauts GMT Fortis is really a great watch, especially for the price point...rugged and easy to read, you can wear it in the cockpit and not worry about it. And I like the Airman line of Glycine (especially the Airman 9 chrono which they discontinued...a GMT chrono is hard to find). Bell & Ross doesn't do much for me, except their Vintage line...the 126 is sweet as I like two register chronos quite a bit. I don't like the Instrument line that much, but the divers they introduced last year as part of that line are OK. I'm also a huge fan of Sinn...they make some fantastic aviation watches that are very easy to read.
Here is a chronograph with a UTC/GMT hand and a dial designed like a cockpit clock (which Sinn has made in the past); definitely on my short list to get:

They made watches before Bell & Ross; in fact they made watches that were later re-badged as Bell & Ross watches.

I have a few Citizens to include one of the Skyhawks. Almost impossible to read the little subdials in low light.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
I have a few Citizens to include one of the Skyhawks. Almost impossible to read the little subdials in low light.

My Citizen sucks in low light. Especially when I compare it against my Omega.
I did a little test one night when I was bored. I used a flashlight for about a minute to charge them and as you can see I took pictures for about 20 minutes before I got sleepy and went to bed. (note - I don't know dick about cameras and I don't think I was using the "night" setting here)

From right to left - My fiance's Citizen, Omega, Citizen, Fossil.

Well crap- I resized the pics but they still were showing up HUGE on the forum so I will deal with this tomorrow...

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
x2 on the low light. That's my only complaint about the citizen. How hard would it have been to put indiglo on the digital part of the face?

Oh well, nothing a good flashlight can't fix, and the airplane I'm flying now has GPS time on a nice bright color display. :D

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Clients_bremont-alt-z-1-head-on-opti-logo.jpg

Here is a new one to start some discussion
I am familiar with Bremont...new though they are. If you look on their website they have a bunch of stuff about the two brothers who started it being pilots and into aviation (whatev, as the kids say), but they seem like a couple of dilettantes in the watch making department. I was surprised that they were chosen to make those watches for NTSP...their whole line is very expensive. I think they are a bit overpriced for their heritage (nil) and the movements being slightly modified and slightly decorated Valjoux 7750s. But...

All of their watches are very very nice in execution. I really like the watch above (sans blue shield) as I like the GMT complication on a watch, esp a chrono, and the internal bezel. And their two-register chrono in the bicompax configuration is very sharp. It just seems they are too pricey for what they are, but I guess they are trying to fit in the market niche in the high end of Omega and Breitling...there aren't a lot of chronographs to compete with up there. And British watchmakers today are rare.