• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
Swatch haven't the faintest idea about what a "squadron watch buy" is - even after a lot of explaining (i.e., it's essentially a large custom group order). I was only told that "military discounts are offered at OMEGA Boutiques." I told her (respectfully), "that's not what I'm asking about." The sales rep said she'd follow up and she did (good on her), but still said she'd keep looking into it. It's a shame - because getting their watches out to us provides them a lot of street cred when trying to hock them to a bunch of overpaid and under-worked office cones, who want them because we wear them, and they think it makes them cool. A shame!
Agreed, I'll try to pull the files (now on CD-ROM) of my office emails when the IP from CTW-4 did the Omega X-33 Group Buy back in 2008. At least it may give us a "department" name and vector if not a name since the POC is most likely long gone.

I'd be in for a Gen 3 X-33 "Skywalker". Going on 14-years and 3 services on my Gen 2. All services were gratis on Omega when they know you're the original owner and it was a military special buy. It's smooth dealing with their service department and they recognize the military special purchase programs, I'm frustrated that it's now become so hard to do it again in 2022.

Joe

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Agreed, I'll try to pull the files (now on CD-ROM) of my office emails when the IP from CTW-4 did the Omega X-33 Group Buy back in 2008. At least it may give us a "department" name and vector if not a name since the POC is most likely long gone.

I'd be in for a Gen 3 X-33 "Skywalker". Going on 14-years and 3 services on my Gen 2. All services were gratis on Omega when they know you're the original owner and it was a military special buy. It's smooth dealing with their service department and they recognize the military special purchase programs, I'm frustrated that it's now become so hard to do it again in 2022.

Joe
Yeah ping me as well if you get details on a group buy, I'd be in...

flgator92

None
My church watch this sunday... Longines Hydroconquest Automatic dive watch (L3.841.4.96.6; https://www.longines.com/watch-hydroconquest-l3-841-4-96-6) that I picked up probably over a year ago but rarely wear. I didn't like the metal bracelet it came on (tool watch bracelets should be brushed/matted and not glossy IMO), so I bought a leather band from Barton Watch Bands (here: https://www.bartonwatchbands.com/products/toffee-brown-alligator-grain-leather) and now I love the casual look of this watch.

Attachments

• SUNDAY-WATCH copy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Is it good enough for usher duty or are the rail road pockets your go to for greating and seating the faithful.
It is good enough for usher duty…but I didn’t usher today even though I attended church…I wore 2 of my 3 Speedmasters (see pics below) for church. Also, I may have been fired from usher duty…not sure…the whole “not being available to usher” due to work and commuting to DTW has thrown a wrench into their usher duty system…heck, they may have even assigned me EMI or something. Anyway, pictured below is my modern 3861 and vintage 321 (both on Omega NATOs) following church…

EB47B223-1551-4C78-85AE-D716530CB920.jpeg

692B878A-6A04-4D52-9C48-DCD1023A68E0.jpeg

1C6736DB-236A-44D0-B28E-2046234E1913.jpeg

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Also, I may have been fired from usher duty…not sure…the whole “not being available to usher” due to work and commuting to DTW has thrown a wrench into their usher duty system…heck, they may have even assigned me EMI or something.
Wow, tough crowd. I have "the duty" in the chapel at 0100 every Thursday. If I am going out of town a simple email gets me a substitute even at that hour.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Wow, tough crowd. I have "the duty" in the chapel at 0100 every Thursday. If I am going out of town a simple email gets me a substitute even at that hour.
Holy smokes…you have services at 0100? Also, yeah…I do the email thing regarding not being able to usher…but I think our usher captain was a USMC DI at AOCS or something…she’s pretty hardcore.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Holy smokes…you have services at 0100? Also, yeah…I do the email thing regarding not being able to usher…but I think our usher captain was a USMC DI at AOCS or something…she’s pretty hardcore.
Nope, not a service. Usually just me. It is a Papist thing. If I explained it you your Methodist head would explode and you'd be on the next plane out here to save my soul from eternal damnation. ?

flgator92

None
Nope, not a service. Usually just me. It is a Papist thing. If I explained it you your Methodist head would explode and you'd be on the next plane out here to save my soul from eternal damnation. ?
Yeah, we're Episcopalians in my house; they lock the church down 5 minutes after it clears out. Most we do other than church on Sunday is the occasional Wednesday evening fellowship and maybe a commission meeting now and again - no 1am duty ?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Nope, not a service. Usually just me. It is a Papist thing. If I explained it you your Methodist Presbyterian head would explode and you'd be on the next plane out here to save my soul from eternal damnation. ?
Copy all, sir.

Also, I’m not a Methodist anymore…I’m a Presbyterian [I fixed it for you in your quotation above]. I used to be a Methodist [I was baptized and confirmed as a Methodist as a wee lad]….unfortunately, the local Methodist Church is about 3/4 of a mile from our house…so I converted to the local Presbyterian Church because it’s only 100 yards from our house. It may seem that I’m lazy but I did have to attend [and graduate from] Presbyterian school. :D