• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Is the bezel on that 7002 bidirectional or unidirectional out of curiosity?
Bidirectional.

Also, since the original bezel insert is in such amazing condition and is over 30 years old, most of the time I wear the 7002 on a Rothco protective band (see pics below)…“You must take good care of your toys, Sid Phillips!”

In addition, please do NOT ask me about the official Kraft Cheese & Macaroni Club watch that is in the background in the pics below…I receive ridiculous amounts of heckling regarding that watch and I don’t feel like throwing a tantrum (attempting to explain how cool and rare it is) since I have anger mis-management issues. :D

92E3952B-E208-4FD9-A9E7-080F0D6AEC06.jpeg

FBCFD5C5-AD28-4F84-BE73-DF8B8DBE7189.jpeg

LILAC22

I've been trying to call Swatch Group about availability, customization, and rates for a squadron buy on the X-33 Skywalker; trying to see if they'd offer customization/a group rate like they did back in the late-1990s until the mid-2010s for the OG X-33, but it's seriously like pulling teeth. Given that TG2 was really an IWC movie, you'd think OMEGA/Swatch (among many other brands) might be interested in putting their watches on our wrists and getting them out there, but the frontline sales and marketing people at Swatch haven't the faintest idea about what a "squadron watch buy" is - even after a lot of explaining (i.e., it's essentially a large custom group order). I was only told that "military discounts are offered at OMEGA Boutiques." I told her (respectfully), "that's not what I'm asking about." The sales rep said she'd follow up and she did (good on her), but still said she'd keep looking into it. Unfortunately, I suppose that we'll just have to keep rocking IWC/Breitling/Bremont in the jet because while OMEGA builds up their connection to the space program and aviation in general, it doesn't seem to live up to that ethos in terms of wanting to get new products out there to us and customize them accordingly. It's a shame - because getting their watches out to us provides them a lot of street cred when trying to hock them to a bunch of overpaid and under-worked office cones, who want them because we wear them, and they think it makes them cool. A shame!
Howdy there, I've been working with the head of retail for swatch in the US on getting a speedy for my squadron. They are revamping their military accounts and there is a new custom speedy coming that will only be available to naval aviators from my understanding. It will be a pretty similar deal to bremont / breitling (around 15 minimum order for customization and in a similar price point). Sounds like the licensing with DON is all good now as well, which was part of the delay from my understanding. He originally said it would be unveiled in July, but then came back and said it would be delayed until the Tailhook convention. From the quick glimpse I saw of the prototype, it looked pretty awesome and worth the wait.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Howdy there, I've been working with the head of retail for swatch in the US on getting a speedy for my squadron. They are revamping their military accounts and there is a new custom speedy coming that will only be available to naval aviators from my understanding. It will be a pretty similar deal to bremont / breitling (around 15 minimum order for customization and in a similar price point). Sounds like the licensing with DON is all good now as well, which was part of the delay from my understanding. He originally said it would be unveiled in July, but then came back and said it would be delayed until the Tailhook convention. From the quick glimpse I saw of the prototype, it looked pretty awesome and worth the wait.
What kind of Speedy?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Double dog Speedy Tuesday…1964 321 and 2022 3861 respectively…both on Omega NATOs…

0873033C-5567-4866-8449-4EFAF70FBC6A.jpeg

ghsu

Hello all-
I am stationed at Hickam (AF) and the Omega boutique confirm that Omega ppl talked to the Kaneohe Marine base flyers about this "sq" watch. Can you confirm only Navy flyers? I have my sq X33 watch but would like the new mil sq watch too. Any leads are helpful and appreciated.

Meyerkord

pilot
Hello all-
I am stationed at Hickam (AF) and the Omega boutique confirm that Omega ppl talked to the Kaneohe Marine base flyers about this "sq" watch. Can you confirm only Navy flyers? I have my sq X33 watch but would like the new mil sq watch too. Any leads are helpful and appreciated.
I was one of the people that talked with Omega. They didn’t mention anything specific about Navy-only. One of their catalogs had a bunch of different squadron logos from across branches so it seems more customized by squadron. We followed up with them recently and they said they had a working prototype that was close ?‍♂️