• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

SlickAg

pilot
Or married ones with an awesome wife that says, “treat yo self” at the Dubai mall!
I got my Breitling after my first kid was born. I already had an X-33 but I had been wanting one for a while and I found one for a good price (CONA, purely sentimental). But I was hesitant to pull the trigger due because I felt bad about spending that sort of money with a newborn around. And my wife said “just get it, if you don’t you’ll always regret it”. Super awesome. And obviously, she was right. #noragrets

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Are there any watch complications that are almost necessary, or is it purely based on what you want and how much you're willing to spend?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We've all seen mad dogs pics, I'm sure his neighbors think he's one of those punk kids too what with his skateboarding, hanging out with chuck, mini bikes, and taking the restrictor plate off the red dragon in his suburban driveway. They're all just waiting for one of his cars to end up on blocks and have their home values plummet.
Whatuvit? mad dog lives in the free state of Indiana. He ain't no slave of the Pagistani state.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Whatuvit? mad dog lives in the free state of Indiana. He ain't no slave of the Pagistani state.
As a guy with a boat in his yard that can be seen from the street I won't bemoan someone their freedoms...but it does look like he lives on a nice street. I'm sure there are plenty of pearls being clutched every time the mini bike comes out. We had a ruckus in our neighborhood last year when someone called the cops on some kids in a golf cart. Kids dad is a LEO. Hilarity ensued (at least from my view from the cheap seats).

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
Fighter dudes got issued the garmin fenix after the rash of physiological episode for the pulse ox. Curious if the watch helped at all.
They're no longer allowed in any type of classified space, so very few people wear it. I don't wear it to work or to fly at all. I have a buddy that calls it his "golf watch". It's great for that and any other outdoor activities you enjoy.

Birdbrain

pilot
They're no longer allowed in any type of classified space, so very few people wear it. I don't wear it to work or to fly at all. I have a buddy that calls it his "golf watch". It's great for that and any other outdoor activities you enjoy.
It’s issued but you can’t wear it in classified spaces? Like a cockpit?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Are there any watch complications that are almost necessary, or is it purely based on what you want and how much you're willing to spend?

Nope. I know pilots that don't even wear a watch. However, I find having a watch that is set to GPS time is nice to have, particularly if GPS time isn't available for some reason. I happen to like a watch that can keep track of GMT as well as local time, and be easily updated for my current time zone. Timers and chronos are occasionally useful, but aircraft are usually equipped with enough timing features that I sometimes forget I can use my watch.

Last edited: