• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Zequa

Just wondering if there is any knowledge/experience on which selection boards traditionally have the most competitive officer applicants? The answer may be all of them, but I was talking with another officer candidate and we just had the theory that the first summer board in which fresh graduates are able to apply is the most competitive. Those who can be described as "water walkers" who went to top schools, were scholar-athletes, have exceptional resumes, and often get selected their first try in whatever they do are often more numerous in the summer boards. Any thoughts?

Zequa

If you're trying to "game" which board(s) to apply to, don't waste your time. If at first you don't succeed, keep trying.
Thanks for the response. Yes, I'm going up on as many boards as it takes, without gaps. There is a board coming up in a few weeks and I'm just trying to find out if fall boards are a better shot than summer boards.

kookylukey

Thanks for the response. Yes, I'm going up on as many boards as it takes, without gaps. There is a board coming up in a few weeks and I'm just trying to find out if fall boards are a better shot than summer boards.
I doubt it really helps that much, but when I applied my OSO said that the summer board was always a little more competitive just because of people getting out of college and didn't do PLC. But again I wouldn't try and game it. Just apply to the first one you're able to and keep applying after that if you don't get picked up