• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where are the women??

Status
Not open for further replies.

catpounce

When you are accepted and sign all the commitment papers then they will put you in the pool to get a class date (they want to KNOW that you have accepted the challenge before assigning a date). Whether you are currently paid or not seems to be the deciding factor as to your priority for a class date.

dolfinsafe

Originally posted by catpounce
When you are accepted and sign all the commitment papers then they will put you in the pool to get a class date (they want to KNOW that you have accepted the challenge before assigning a date). Whether you are currently paid or not seems to be the deciding factor as to your priority for a class date.

Thank you!
bouncy_125.gif

dwdelk

Dolfin...
I'm trying to get into supply. Not real sure about when OCS is yet...A friend of my husband's said that there are several openings RIGHT NOW at CBC in Gulfport, MS and the friend can't get anybody to fill them.

Question in general...
What about prescription medication (i.e., birth control pills)? Will we still be allowed to take them? Or with that be discontinued for this period of time? What about wearing glasses? My recruiter said that they would be worn at all times except for when on liberty. Can anybody provide some insight towards this?

WFU2USN

Hi all,

As another woman on this board, I'm just saying hello. I'm presently NPQ, so we'll see what the future holds - nothing like defective vision...hehe
bigeyes_125.gif
boggled_125.gif

Robin
IS2(SCW)

http://www.geocities.com/califchick1175/USN/navy.html

WFU2USN

dwdelk,

Yes, you can take your BCP with you. The Navy will continue your BCP as required.

Glasses - per my friend who went through, she wore glasses during INDOC week and contacts for the rest of the time. However you're 'supposed' to wear glasses during training, etc. I think it depends on your DI as to how that goes.

GOod luck!

Robin

http://www.geocities.com/califchick1175/USN/navy.html

Mc

Hi! I am currently in my applications process and have a few "girly" questions...I found a post with the same questions, but they were never answered.

1. I understand that you can probably get away with carrying tampons in a pocket or sock. Do they not notice this or just disregard it?

2. Are trips to the head delayed, or if you "gotta go" do they just let you go?

3. Can you get away with different colored underwear and bras, or must they primarily be white?

4. Is PT once a day or twice...or thrice? I understand that the runs are generally from 2-5 miles at an 8 min. pace. Are these runs only once a day coupled with some calisthenics?

5. Can we have electric razors? I assume this would save me a lot of time since I have bony legs that are easily cut. Ha.

6. Are things such as face-specific washes forbidden, or can we have...cetaphil (i.e.)_ and some over the counter acne meds?

7. Do you just hide the flashlight and blanket that, unless I misunderstand, are not really on the to-bring list? How difficult is this? I really would like to bring a headlamp, but don't want it confiscated.

8. I understand that you get your hair cut. Can you get a bob cut or a Meg Ryan cut or do you have to have a really short boy cut? Just curious.

Well, I suppose that is all. I am sure that there are many women here interested in the answers to these questions. It is nice to know that there are other women desiring a commission as much as I am and that we all support one another. Thank you. Hope to see some of you in the fleet!!

-Mc

howlermonkey

1. you can get away with it and it's not a big deal. I don't know if anyone ever got harrassed for carrying them. there are pads in all the bathrooms except the ones in the battalions just in case

2. request an emergency head call. it'll be fun! (and it will work)

3. white. just go with white. I don't know what they would do if they found multicolors, but white is always safe. or if you're really a masochist bring tie-dye

4.PT is once a day in the mornings every MTWFS. not Thursdays or Sundays. RPT is pretty much when ever, where ever. It's Shakira from hell.

5. outside of poopie week you'll have time to shave based on your own discression and time management. you could take a 3 hour hollywood shower in the evenings if you wanted to fail your classes and not pass inspection. electric razors are things that could be confiscated if you don't keep them locked up.

6. I don't think you can have any over the counter anything. but face washes like clearasil, oxy, or noxema are most-likely ok. they'd probably be considered cosmetics more than anything, which we are allowed to have for liberty. just keep them in your toiletry kit

7. bring a blanket and flashlight. if they take it away they take it away. but until they do, or if they don't, they are very valuable resources

8. You will be 100% at the mercy of the OCS barber so enjoy your hair while you've got it. if you get it cut short before you go they WILL find a way to make it shorter and/or crappier

Anyway... Sorry I've been away so long, guys. I pulled a totall OCS in the halls of the Academic building last week. I was walking past a hatch and saw a Commander in his whites walk out. suddenly I was at attention against the bulkhead, firmly but conversationally saying, "Good morning, Sir." He looked at me and shook his head. I bet the ROTC or Academy kids would have messed themselves. It's hardwired in me. Such bizaar side effects.

Oh, and my appartment is directly above GYSGT Rocquemore's. The other night he had all the other DI's over for Kung Fu movie night. I walked out of my appartment to do my laundary only to find my neighbor and GYSGTs Carlsson, Reyes, and Williams standing around eating hamburgers. They're all really cool and funny guys, but it was still like some surreal nightmare in some ways. I half expected to see some melting clocks and some spindly legged elephants.

"Who's the freak with his shirt on backwards? Supid! (stupid) Retard! (retard)" that's still what I run to.

I'm going to destroy you. Be my Valentine.

howlermonkey

nope. just the one...usually. ENS Grewell was an exception. amusing story. She was running in formation and apparently GYSGT Murphy grabbed her by the hair, while still running, and demanded that she get it cut again. She didn't have to get it cut really short, just tamed. You would understand if you saw her at PT. it was magnificent.

anyway, I got mine trimmed once, too. It was just too crappy for me to deal with. And for some people it gets hard to deal with when it's too short to tie back but too long to stay out of your face at PT

Status
Not open for further replies.