• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where are the women??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tali264

That's completely normal in female athletes. Although in their case it's because of low body fat.....in this case I believe it's more stress and a shock to your body.

Nothing's wrong with it. Things will return to normal once you are out of OCS. I've had it happen before....and my doctor wasn't worried about it. So no worries
spin_125.gif

grouch

I didn't have a period when I was there but then again, I wasn't there long so I don't know if that helps.

Rianne

How many sports bras do you need to bring and do they all need to be white? What if they have a little Nike emblem on them or something-is that okay?

jennifer

I am so glad to see women going to OCS and then off to flight school! Good luck w/OCS I hope to be there too!

moestud

I only packed 2 sports bras, and I ended up buying some when I got there (when you get all your gear issued to you)-but I wouldn't recommend buying them there if you need lots of support because the sports bras were basically training bras. I wished I would have packed 6 just because you sweat like a mother down here in pcola, plus you only get to do laundry on Sundays. Sports bras and underwear are things you can never have too many of. As far as small emblems on them, that shouldn't matter, just keep in mind that you wear white undershirts to PT, so some DI might call you "Nike" or "swoosh" but most probably wouldn't notice, my sports bra had blue trim and I never heard a word about it. Best of Luck.

bisouss69

Question: Did any of you girls lose a lot of weight? Also, did anyone get really sick? Do you get timed on drills - ex. making your bed etc.? Fianlly, what is the average for females on pt scores.. I am a good high/excellent low? Good enough.. or are there a lot who come way out of shape?

I am currently applying for OCS. I can only relate to my bootcamp experience..I lost a lot of weight.. but I got pnemonia during boot.. and so did everyone else... so thats why I ask.. do a lot of people get sick? As for the period thing.. you will lose your period for awhile or you will have it then two weeks later you will have it again.. but then you'll straighten out. Then finally you all have it at the same time.

moestud

I actually gained weight during ocs, but that was not the norm. Being able to eat only three times a day (i was use to eating lots of small meals) and being a vegetarian, I ate as much as I could in the time allowed. They wanted my nickname to be "chowhound", thankfully that didn't stick.

Buzz

This is an awesome topic/thread! You guys have answered a lot of the questions that I was kind of uncomfortable about asking on other (predominantly male) threads. Thanks!

gin_e

When resupplying at the Exchange at OCS what kinds of products should we expect to find? Is it like your standard Wal-Mart type goods, or is there a bigger selection? For example I use this swimmer's shampoo to keep my hair from turning white and green, should i expect to be able to find something that specialized or if you can't find it at Walgreens forget it? I'm just trying to figure out what I should stock up on vs. what I'll be able to replenish easily once I am at OCS.

0ctopus

I don't know about the Navy OCS, but at Marine OCS there were a couple levels of Exchange. There's the super-small one with just OCS-like supplies. There's one just for uniforms. Then you had a Walgreens-like exchange where they had snack foods and toiletries and romance novels. And then a big one that was more like a department store where everyone bought boots and cell phones. I'm going to Navy OCS expecting something sort of like that. I wouldn't expect a large selection, but on liberty you will be able to go off base and see if you can find it elsewhere. :)

jaznups

moestud,

how was it being a vegetarian there? did you get any "special attention" because of it... I sure hope not!

Jaz

Clarity comes when the confusion is gone.

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
Is that you biederman? Isn't that what Reyes would say everyday at the chow hall, because they could hear you over all the guys? Now that's how a female gets noticed in a good way. Just wanted to say hello from 13. Later, Rob

moestud

I would say that if you have certain products that you like, bring them with you because the first few weeks of ocs, it will be hard to get the things you need. If I remember correctly someone made a run to the nex after our first week and took orders (think it was our candio) but it was for things like brass polish. The exchange on base is ok, very basic and not very big, there is a larger mall off base but you won't get to that until you secure.

I did not get any special atttention as a vegetarian, but there was a girl in a class behind me who was one and we always heard her DI in chow hall screaming, "WHERES MY LITLLE VEGGIE?" My DI didn't really care.

dolfinsafe

Hi,
Glad to see all these girls here!!Woo hooo,!!!
Anyhow, have been checking out this forum, and am still unclear on a thing, maybe one of you could shed some insight.
I got professionally recommended and still need my meps and prt...and then do I get my OCS date, or does my recruiter already know it??
Thanks!

bigeyes_125.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.