• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What specifically, is a day at OCS like?

PAO84

I don't understand how not being able to be seated to eat makes you into a naval officer. Just seems dumb.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I don't understand how not being able to be seated to eat makes you into a naval officer. Just seems dumb.

A TON of the stuff seems silly. You'll "get it" after the fact and realize a lot of the stuff really had a purpose beyond what you saw. A lot of the crap you do is also just to add stress and make things more difficult.

PAO84

A TON of the stuff seems silly. You'll "get it" after the fact and realize a lot of the stuff really had a purpose beyond what you saw. A lot of the crap you do is also just to add stress and make things more difficult.

Yep, this is just going to suck beyond belief. :icon_rage Small price to pay to fly the friendly skies. :D

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor

It is easy to view it as being dumb, but all the stuff they do is for a reason. As my father told me, "its all a mind game" to see who can take it and who can't. Rather than focus on the negative to get ready (though it does seep in at times) I try and think of how it can benefit me. Im trying to view it in a more positive light, but I do know it will suck...

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor

I never got why they loved their precious chow hall so much. Although, DI's = Little kid with magnifying glass burning ants. Chow hall was the best time for them to play...

With that said if you can't follow simple directions in the chow hall under some pressure then how can you be trusted when people's lifes are on the line under much greater pressure? A lot of the poeple who had problems in the chow hall were in my opinion not the best officer candidates. (not always though)

If you cannot get it down after a couple of days you deserved the magnifying glass! :eek: It's not hard

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Yep, this is just going to suck beyond belief. :icon_rage Small price to pay to fly the friendly skies. :D

If you only wanted to fly the friendly ones you're in the wrong business. You're going to get to fly the unfriendly ones also.

jostuar1

How do people make it to and thru college without ever getting up before 5am?

I used to get up to go to work at 0330... Or similar to go to a Motocross race.

Masterbates....I'm contracted awaiting word on acceptance to OCC-197. Motocross is my life and I'm contemplating selling my bikes because 1.) I don't want to hurt myself and ruin myself before I get in and 2.) I am not sure if I'm allowed to ride motocross once training (TBS and the flight program) starts. Any insight into how regulated I will be concerning my extracurricular activities?

MasterBates

Let me put it this way.. I have been on a MX track 3x in 6 years.

Never living near a track did not help. I do have my 98 YZ400F sitting in my storage unit, and ride it once in a while.

COC is not going to look kindly on any bike injury until you get winged. It will be merely tolerated after that. YMMV

Kycntryboy

pilot
Waking up at 0445 was by far the suckiest part of the day, sitting there lying in bed waiting for the shit storm that was about to begin. Especially when your in one of the "special" classes that gets sent back to squad bay and hear the door open in pitch black and know that it is to close to 0500 to be any candidate, which only leaves ...one person it could be.
Best advice for anybody going to OCS, is get a sense of humor. You'll only remember the good....well the times that you had there. Laugh at yourself, laugh at your friends, it will keep you sane.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Waking up at 0445 was by far the suckiest part of the day...

worse is when your roommate gets up at 4am to start getting ready for the day (he preened like a damn teenage girl!) and wakes your ass up. No matter how many times you tell him to to do that...he keeps doing it...violence nearly ensued...

Got put back into poopies - about the least amount of fun I had there.

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
Did anyone else find this as funny as I did?

I was fairly amused.

You gotta have the picture, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

iweepzl5.jpg

for the same effect :captain_1

red1323

Now do that holding the tray in one hand, while squatting, and using the other to hold the war spoon.

Man we had fun.

STOP THE FLASH BACKS!!!!!!! Seriously, that and the damn cups are the reason I won't eat in galleys. (I was the first shmuck in chow hall out of a class of 51, if you are short, practice holding two full cups STRAIGHT in front of you for 5-10 mins AFTER 10 mins of "Gunny love" while screaming STRAIGHT SIR ad naseum)

PAO and Spekkio, no matter how much gouge you get there will be things you will not be prepared for. The one thing I wish I had done different was lighten up. The worst they can do is roll you and that usually doesn't happen if you really are doing your best. You don't have to go all type A and try and be perfect for Gunny, just relax as much as possible, go with the flow, and deal with it when you do screw up. Good Luck with OCS and have some fun.

No, as long as they are not causing problems. I have all 4 of mine still and I'm old.

That being said, you should have outstanding dental issues taken care of prior to OCS. You don't want to be taken out of training for something you should have taken care of prior to getting in.

Really? When I went through enlisted boot camp they pulled mine when they hadn't even began to break the skin and obviously weren't bothering me. They said all SEALS, Aircrew, EOD, and SWCC had to get them pulled before leaving boot camp. That sucked.