• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What specifically, is a day at OCS like?

PAO84

After browsing the forums, I don't think that there is a post that specifically states what a typical day at OCS is comprised of. That is, what time do you get up? How long do you get to shower? How long do you get to eat? Do you run next? How many hours is spent in class (how often are you tested), and how many hours are spent pounding the ground? What about marching? What is the first week like? Aside from the physical aspects of OSC, what else makes it so difficult? Any information would be much appreciated! Thanks!

BigRed389

None
Every day is different.

Don't sweat the details, they won't help you.

The most difficult part is understanding teamwork...as a team. Doesn't matter how good you or the rest of your class is, it only takes one dumbass to make you all pay.

MasterBates

0445- Lie awake in awareness of the impending suck
0500- Lights on, yelling, suck
0515- Formation Run to PT
0520- PT
0545- More formation running while screaming obscene cadences.. Great fun
0615- Formation march to Chow Hall-
0620- Get food
0625- Breakfast over. More yelling
0630- SHOWER TIME YOU MAGGOTS!
0645- ON THE LINE!
0700- March to class. Be in class until ~1130.. Insert a couple random beatings
1130- March to chow. Get beat 3-4 days a week at chow
1200- Chow over. Gunny starts clock until he can beat you
1215- Back in rooms for some admin time
1230- March to some event
1400- March to some class
1630- March to chow
1635- More beatings
1640- Eat
1700- March back to room, work on uniforms
1900- Gunny's pissed. Let the beating commence.
1930- Mail Call
2000- Cleaning deck. (sweeper, sweepers, man your brooms)
2100- Admin/Prep/Shower time
2200- Lights out. The "gremlins" come out now.

Wash, rinse, repeat for ~3 months.

PAO84

Jesus Christ. Thanks. I've never woken up at 4:45 in my life. You're talking to a kid who schedules his classes to begin at 3 p.m. so he can wake up at 2:45. Time to suck it up. Thanks again.

tiger84

LT
pilot
Jesus Christ. Thanks. I've never woken up at 4:45 in my life. You're talking to a kid who schedules his classes to begin at 3 p.m. so he can wake up at 2:45. Time to suck it up. Thanks again.

MB gave a pretty good description of what the average class can expect. Depending on your DI it could be slightly better to much worse. I woke up at around 0400 everyday to shave and brush my teeth before trying to get in some sleep on my desk before the fun began. The beatings are pretty regular and all admin time means is a chance for your DI to catch you in your room with your feet up and then proceed to beat the whole class for 30 minutes. Good times all around. It's gonna suck regardless so don't worry about it until you get there. It does end eventually.

MasterBates

How do people make it to and thru college without ever getting up before 5am?

I used to get up to go to work at 0330... Or similar to go to a Motocross race.

tiger84

LT
pilot
How do people make it to and thru college without ever getting up before 5am?

I used to get up to go to work at 0330... Or similar to go to a Motocross race.

You would be amazed how people can work schedules out so that they never have class before noon. Unfortunately I wasn't one of those people, but it was still tough doing the old 0400 wake up.

PAO84

I received enough financial aid that I was able to escape work for most of my FIVE years. However, I also kept expenses at a minimum. No car etc, which a lot of students find necessary these days. I lived/live like a morman. All of my belongings fit into one bag.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
You mean like an Amish? Judging from the Mormons I know, the average Mormon probably has as many personal belongings as the average non-Mormon. They just don't curse, drink coffee, or hit people.