• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What NRC considers competitive

exNavyOffRec

Yes, hoping to go SNA. I’m 26 with a Masters in Business Admin, but I’m hoping to go next year or 2025. I am stressing a little about the terrain part of the ASTB. Do you think starting flight training later (older) than most other people is ideal? Any advice to improve my odds of being selected?
Get an 8 or 9 on the PFAR that would vastly increase your chances.

Mil3s

SNA Select
Opinion on 3.7 GPA, 49 OAR, 5,6,5? Son of Cuban immigrant, first gen college student, first gen military (hopefully).
Are you applying to the November board for pilot? I’m trying to as well and recently took my ASTBE and got a 53,6,7,7 and am tryna see if this is a decent score as well. Ik I wouldn’t be a top of the class pick but am trying to see if I would at least have a good chance.

exNavyOffRec

Are you applying to the November board for pilot? I’m trying to as well and recently took my ASTBE and got a 53,6,7,7 and am tryna see if this is a decent score as well. Ik I wouldn’t be a top of the class pick but am trying to see if I would at least have a good chance.
There isn't an aviation board in November, it is in December.

Ventus

Weather Guesser
pilot
I had a pretty bad GPA coming out of college. Was pretty fit and had a280 Marine PFT and 6/7/6 ASTB but couldn't get selected in 2013 after three tries.

Ended up enlisting for 5 years in an aviation-related field. Did my job well, never lost the fire, and got a couple recommendations and suddenly my GPA didn't really matter much anymore. Now I have my wings. Only downside is i'm 32 year old O-2 lol.

Mil3s

SNA Select
I would go ahead and apply. In the meantime, I would study in case a retest is needed.
Thanks a lot that is what I was planning as this was my first astb test I’ve taken and know I can do better now that I know what to expect, unfortunately this board packet due date is on the 30th so a little over a week away and I’m still waiting on medical so I don’t think I will be able to make this board. The meps visit is the only part of my packet that needs to be finish before I can submit it.

FakeUsername

Officer Hopeful
Hello, I wanted to see what you all think regarding how competitive (if at all) I may be for a Navy Intel position.

Major: Poli sci (UC San Diego)
GPA: 3.7
OAR: 47
Experience: student government (high school and college), intel courses at college
Letters of Rec: a current Navy commander, university dean, current work supervisor, lawyer (intern boss)

My recruiter said the OAR requirement for intel is 50 but can be waived up to 45. I want to retake the OAR, but I am not sure what I should try to aim for (the higher I aim for, the longer I study).

Appreciated in advance!

Hello, I wanted to see what you all think regarding how competitive (if at all) I may be for a Navy Intel position.

Major: Poli sci (UC San Diego)
GPA: 3.7
OAR: 47
Experience: student government (high school and college), intel courses at college
Letters of Rec: a current Navy commander, university dean, current work supervisor, lawyer (intern boss)

My recruiter said the OAR requirement for intel is 50 but can be waived up to 45. I want to retake the OAR, but I am not sure what I should try to aim for (the higher I aim for, the longer I study).

Appreciated in advance!
Aim for 60 friend--from what I read, poli sci majors are a dime a dozen for Intel so higher the OAR the better I assume