• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what major did you take in college?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My first computer was an Atari 800 with a 300 Baud modem - text would appear on the screen about as fast as you could read it. My first big upgrade was from 16K to 64K of RAM. Didn't even have a floppy drive, let alone a hardrive, but it did have this weird cassette tape storage device. When the floppy drive came out, it was ~$450 and it was about as big as a VCR. :D

Brett

Lawman

None
Started out with F-19 on an IBM 8088 and a 4 Color Monitor....... it moved in frames so yeah landing was out of the question. Then there was "Chuck Yeager Flight Simulator" And all its polygonal Glory. And Falcon 3.0 was too fast for it.

But once we got a 486 when I was 14 I was all over X-wing.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
But once we got a 486 when I was 14 I was all over X-wing.

X-Wing and it's opposite, TIE Fighter, were two of the best games ever made for computers, ever. Anyone who says otherwise, is a liar.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah and X-wing vs. Tie Fighter was like the second coming of Jesus for computer.

That game sucked, it was done piss-poor. Try out X-Wing Alliance for what X-Wing vs TIE Fighter SHOULD have been.

Lawman

None
That game sucked, it was done piss-poor. Try out X-Wing Alliance for what X-Wing vs TIE Fighter SHOULD have been.

Oh I have both, but you spend to much time cruising around in Freighters in Alliance. The thing that was sweet about X vs Tie was if you didnt want to fly ____ Wings mission, just stick your pilot into a differnt one. Plus you got to play it from both sides where as Alliance was just flying with the Rebels.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
there's actually a fan update being done for X-wing Alliance w/ improved graphics. I think www.xwaupgrade.com is the URL. I was addicted up to Windows XP which for some reason didn't like the game and kept crashing. Figures.