• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what major did you take in college?

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Barnard1425 said:
B.S. Mechanical Engineering + B.A. Spanish Language and Lit. = Intel Selection (or at least it did for me)
So you're well versed in how the inner workings of Don Quixote's windmills operate?

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Information Sciences and Technology. And ditto to what phrogpilot said!

Does this mean when you start flight school you will be having arguments with yourself?:p

Just means when he gets to the boat, he'll send himself to the penalty box.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Computer Science. Trust me on this one - if CompSci is your major, when they ask say PolySci. That way EVERYONE won't ask you to fix their fvcking computer!
So true, so true.....

Hey Steve, how many times have I helped fix YOUR computer?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So true, so true.....

Hey Steve, how many times have I helped fix YOUR computer?
Hey, all I remember is you helping me put my computer together (back in '97) and you couldn't figure out how to get the boot sequence going. Remember that or has it been selectively erased from your memory bank?

...though, I will admit you have helped me on numerous occasions. But still, the story above is funny none the less.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hey, all I remember is you helping me put my computer together (back in '97) and you couldn't figure out how to get the boot sequence going. Remember that or has it been selectively erased from your memory bank?

...though, I will admit you have helped me on numerous occasions. But still, the story above is funny none the less.
Well.... if you would have purchased quality high end hardware, instead of that cheap ass POS you did end up buying.... :D

phrogpilot73

Seems to me that the webmaster might not be so on top of things... I would've gotten it working ;)

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Seems to me that the webmaster might not be so on top of things... I would've gotten it working ;)
Whoa, whoa, whoa!! Now let's not get nasty here, and criticize my computer building skilz.... He had crap, not much you can do with crap, except sigh, and go "maybe I can get this POS to work for you".... :D

And, you also need to know, the whole goal of this computer was so he could play AoE (the oringal, not # III)... with the "cool" kids in the unit.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
And, you also need to know, the whole goal of this computer was so he could play AoE (the oringal, not # III)... with the "cool" kids in the unit.

I read that and immediately thought Aces Over Europe. If you know the game, you get cool points.

phrogpilot73

Whoa, whoa, whoa!! Now let's not get nasty here, and criticize my computer building skilz.... He had crap, not much you can do with crap, except sigh, and go "maybe I can get this POS to work for you".... :D

I understand :D I ended up coming back from deployment thinking that I would be able to relax, and enjoy life... What happened? I built 4 different computers for guys in the squadron! Little did they know that before I finished them, I found a place that printed up custom badges (you know, "Intel Inside" kind), so as long as they own their computer, they'll know that "Stinky" built it! ;)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The sequel to Aces Over the Pacific - one of the first somputer games I played.

Mega cool points for mentioning Aces Over The Pacific. That game was AWESOME. I played it religiously for so long, it was a well done piece of software. Before that was Red Baron, remember that one?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mega cool points for mentioning Aces Over The Pacific. That game was AWESOME. I played it religiously for so long, it was a well done piece of software. Before that was Red Baron, remember that one?

Better yet Red Baron II/3D. Was HORRIBLY addicted and would still give my left nut to fly a Fokker Dr.1 . . . or anything that vintage.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Who remembers Falcon 3.0? I had it with MiG-29 and F/A-18 included. It was AWESOME. No, not Falcon 4. Old school Flacon 3.0. It was one of the most addictive games out there. Dynamic war, decent graphics, semi-realism. It was FUN.

Texan

Why enemy pilots dont sleep well
B.S. Ceramics & Materials Engineering
making everything from $h!tters to Shuttles