• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what major did you take in college?

NightStalker62

i am taking engineering but as i stated in my other post that i am going to change it after freshman year since im only taking basic classes and i dont think its for me. what major did you have in college for the bdcp?

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
Major isn't that important. I was doing BDCP before deciding to go USMC, and my major wasn't a big concern. Obviously, they might prefer an aerospace engineer with a 3.5 over an English Lit major with similar grades, but if you focus on creating a strong overall package you'll be fine. I graduated with a Political Science major, and everything worked out fine. There are many other factors that contribute to selection. Check out the site for more info. Trust me, its there. Good luck.

nugget81

pilot
What scotty said is right. Your major doesn't matter as much as your overall package. It would probably work better for a tie-breaker.

But for the record...Commercial Aviation & Air Traffic Control

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
One thing to keep in mind is that an engineering degree gives you more options once you get into the fleet, such as AEDO (Aerospace engineering duty officer)

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
How do you get to be an AEDO? I was General Engineering-Aviation.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
How do you get to be an AEDO? I was General Engineering-Aviation.

AEDO is a community that takes lat xfers from Pilot and NFO. Typically done a sea tour and at the O-4 level. Basically, it's a career move that takes you out of the cockpit and into the developmental side of things, kind of like EDO for the SWO and Sub guys.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
My major in college was wanting to fly and bomb Gomers ..... I "technically" had four (4) majors in college ... I was a problem for the NROTC unit as I was originally the #Numero Uno 4th classman out of about 120 guys in my freshman class. I developed into a .... shall we say "outlaw" (???) ..... when I got my red TR-4 and discover wine, women, and song ..... and set a "bad example for the underclassmen" according to a couple of the class officers .... yawnnnnnn .... :sleep_125 ..... Oh, yawwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn ............. Oh, God .... Yawwwwwwnnnnnnn .... :sleep_125

The Captain and CO of the unit, a WW2 Silver Star and multiple DFC awardee and a Wildcat and Hellcat fighter pilot , saved my ass and I am eternally grateful to him. He was a superior gentleman ... a really fine man.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Agricultural Biotechologyyy to feel all the GGGGs ... I know I'm reaching
(~Genetic Engineering)

phrogpilot73

Computer Science. Trust me on this one - if CompSci is your major, when they ask say PolySci. That way EVERYONE won't ask you to fix their fvcking computer!

Lawman

None
First year and a half, Aeronautical Sciences.... way to F'ing expensive

Last 3 years, Justice Studies (Kents way of saying Criminal Justice)