• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what major did you take in college?

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Graduating in may with b.s. in aeronautical science. I hear you on that one lawman. Hopefully it will pay off in the long run.

186 days!!!! (185 days till commissioning which means so much more)

riley

Marketing - wish I had done history, lit, or philosophy....

To caveat thisguy, if you don't like engineering in college, why would you want a job with engineering after college? You know, I could have gotten a medical degree and had a lot of opporunities to work in hospitals, but, needles scare me and I hate hospitals.

Study what you want to study. You'll have a lot more fun and still get to fly planes like your engineering buddies who were miserable all through college.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Study what you want to study. You'll have a lot more fun and still get to fly planes like your engineering buddies who were miserable all through college.

It may have been miserable, but it was what I wanted to study. I know I'm not necessarily the norm, but I didn't want to coast through college and learn nothing, even though I knew I wasn't going to use the degree after graduation. I think EE has benefited me a lot in the aviation pipeline. I was already used to high workloads and fast-paced learning... it didn't (doesn't) bother me one bit. Except making 10 ONAV charts in 3 days. THAT sucks.

NightStalker62

well it seemed appealing but i guess not anymore. i dont know how much ill have to do or if ill have to catch up screw it. im thinking about computer science, criminal justice, or political science. i think any of those majors for me will be better than an engineering major.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Computer Science is a lot of probability, abstract math, and algorithmic math. It's not just making neat "Hello World" programs. It's a good amount of work. It is a step down from Engineering though ;)

Logico

Philosophy. BDCP Intel now. It is difficult to describe the subject to people who don't know or have only taken a few intro classes in it. It is great for providing critical reasoning skills, analysis, and it provides a great amount of exposure to other fields (physical sciences, math, social sciences, etc.).

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Information Sciences and Technology. And ditto to what phrogpilot said!

But for the record...Commercial Aviation & Air Traffic Control

Does this mean when you start flight school you will be having arguments with yourself?:p