• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is your favorite personal defense load?

stevew

The title pretty much says it all about the topic. I'm looking more for handgun rounds than long gun rounds. Just want to get an idea of what people are using for home defense. Right now I have some Black Talon SXT in 9mm, but I wanted to get some in .45ACP and can't seem to find it anywhere.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
stevew said:
The title pretty much says it all about the topic. I'm looking more for handgun rounds than long gun rounds. Just want to get an idea of what people are using for home defense. Right now I have some Black Talon SXT in 9mm, but I wanted to get some in .45ACP and can't seem to find it anywhere.
Winchester 9mm JHP - nothing fancy, or 2x 30 Rnd clips of 7.62x39 in case of WWIII.

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Winchester Ranger-T 127gr 9mm +P+

Winchester Ranger-T 165gr .40S&W

Winchester Ranger-T 230gr .45ACP

Winchester Super-X Silvertip 145gr .357 Magnum

Winchester Q3131A 5.56x45mm (NATO M193 load)

Federal Tactical 12 gauge 00 buckshot

Yeah, I like Winchester.

Lawman

None
Hornady TAP 147gr. 9mm for the P7

Hornady TAP 155gr .40Cal for the USP

Federal 158gr Semi Jacketed .357 Magnum for the Model 19

Additionally:

2 30rd Mag's for the AR loaded with Hornady TAP 55gr 5.56mm

And full load of Federal 00 Buck in the Shotgun.

Various other gr and brand in boxes marked "In case of Zombie Attack"

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
230 Grain Hornady XTP JHP bullet, +P load (about 975 FPS...that's a BIG bullet travelling pretty damn fast).

Other than that, I like the Hornady TAP ammo with the black brass casings and XTP bullets.

Yeah, I like Hornady.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Both the 40 and 45 are shooting Federal Hydra-Shok
Shotgun gets whatever 00 Buck I have not fired yet
M-4 get 62gr Wolf... hey, it's cheapest to shoot, and I'm proficient and have lots of it.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I prefer 40 cal hollow point for my Glock 23C. Never had to shoot a person with it, but I'm relatively confident it will stop an intruder.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Ranger-T's 124 gr. in the 9mm

Federals in the .45

Flachet (sp) rounds in the 12 ga.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Flachet (sp) rounds in the 12 ga.

Flachette rounds? Are those legal? That sounds like a good home defence round. Seems like it woulnd't over penetrate like 00 buck. Anyone care to elaborate? Does anyone have experience with "frangables"?