• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What High School Electives/USNA?

incubus852

pilot
According to the 2 Feb AF times this is partially true. MC-12's, U-28's and UAV's are being manned at 100%. Everything else is suffering as a result, to include F-22 manning (86%), EA-6B's (33%), OSA (38%) and the staff (48 of 1450 billets, 3%). The article says the AF has about 13,250 pilots and needs about 900 more.

go back to bend oregon.

you joined yesterday? is this talonII aka batman aka etc...?

MasterBates

Good job Incubus, his IP resolves to VA. I'm going over to the MOD side to see if it matches Batman and Talon. Sometimes people get sneaky and change/reset their routers.

(We can see that too)

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I'm going to invent a decive that electrocutes people through the internet if they try to re-register on AW after being banned. Any fellow engineering majors want to help? :D

brownshoe

Contributor
MB where can I get one of those hammers?

I was in a business meeting this afternoon, around three, when that thing would have come in handy.

Steve

MasterBates

I have one in my truck. Better than my hands since I can't carry my gun on base.

Actually, mine is a 3 pound drilling hammer. Had it for years, used it for everything from making starters work to forging KingKat tailhooks.

louisvillefan77

I am wanting to know what type of classes I should choose to help me get into the USNA. ROTC is an elective and I have already chose that. What other classes should I try? Should they be math oriented? Or more Science Oriented. I am not the best at math but I am in AP science and english. Should I try AP math? Engineering is also a class, should I go into it? I know it is alot, but I would apprieciate the help. Thank you, and God Bless.

*I am a freshman

"Artillery is the King of battle: the King cannot
swim, however, which is why we need you guys."

sickboy

pilot
What can you get good grades in? Seriously, it's your Senior year in HS, just do well and have fun. You won't get another chance to do that again.

louisvillefan77

Can anyone give me contact info of a USNA recruiter near Louisville or Fort Knox, KY?

Nevermind, I found one.

A nuclear war can ruin your whole day

Immy

As a senior in high school, I would say to get good grades in whatever classes you do take, keep around a 4.0 GPA, and do whatever electives you want. Freshman and sophomore year I wouldn't worry TOO heavily about what lies 4 years down the road. It is good to keep your goals in the back of your head and make sure you don't do anything to screw them up. Keep it solid and then rock your junior year, that is when it starts getting serious.

I had no idea I wanted to pursue this until well into my junior year, so you're fortunate to have a head start on the game. Your mind may change in the next 2-3 years though, so keep that in mind. I would worry about getting out and being a kid at your age before you have to take on a lot of responsibilities.

To answer your question directly, if all that is on your mind is getting into USNA then bust your ass in AP classes and take on as many extra-curricular activities as you think you can handle. At your age though, you may not realize how quickly you can burn yourself out so be somewhat cautious in your selections.

Just my .02$, so take it with a grain of salt.

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
You're in AP classes as a freshman?
Take the hardest classes and get As in them. Do extracurriculars that show your leadership ability. That will get you into USNA, as far as doing well once you are there, having a solid background in math and science is going to be more beneficial for you... if calculus is one less thing to worry about as a plebe, life is just a little better.