• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What High School Electives/USNA?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
^They really force you to stay for 2 weeks? At Merchant Marine, we had guys who quit in the first 5 minutes. Literally.

To the OP: Look into Merchant Marine. Believe it or not, it's a great place for what you're talking about doing after college. I never would have considered it in HS, but I got accepted there and never looked back.

exhelodrvr

pilot
No, I didn't wat to be a SEAL or a Marine. I just got bored and wondered what others would rather be. And I was stuck on Air Force for about a year, than my friend persuaded me to look into the USNA. I decided it was better for me. My family wants me to go to the USAFA though.

Your family isn't going to be serving with you; listen politely to what they say and then make your own decision.

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
I'll bite now.

The two aren't even remotely comparable forces. But if I had to pick, SEALs... Mostly because they are the elite. After all, there are over 180,000 Marines, while only about 2,000 Navy SEALs. Plus, in the SEALs, they teach you how to do this:

Personally, I think it'd be 'coolest' to be a Naval Aviator.

Heck don't go to college at all,

all you have to do is go on a secret mission to rescue your father from somewhere in the middle east!

ZekeBathory

Doe-eyed Hopeful
Threads and questions like these give me the faintest hope that maybe my aspirations to someday serve as an officer really aren't that far-fetched. Oh, and AV8 Devil Dog, you have to realize there is a shortage of crotchety retired black Air Force Colonels in this declining economy. Besides, you give him that advice and he'll wind up asking "what % get Louis Gossett, Jrs."

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
Threads and questions like these give me the faintest hope that maybe my aspirations to someday serve as an officer really aren't that far-fetched. Oh, and AV8 Devil Dog, you have to realize there is a shortage of crotchety retired black Air Force Colonels in this declining economy. Besides, you give him that advice and he'll wind up asking "what % get Louis Gossett, Jrs."

it was more of a response to the Navy SEALS reference haha,

and you're right, we don't need any more "what % questions.."

jw, why does the crotchety retired Air Force Colonel have to be black, this is in fact a more progressive time and all :p

...or consult this helpful flowchart:

flowchart.jpg

:D