• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What High School Electives/USNA?

MasterBates

This is Phrog in his cubicle at work...

Inspirational_poster_-_BAN.jpg

WALI_1980

I'm just curious: What would cause the moderators to ban someone from the website?

Yeah I know, this isn't the way to jump in a forum but I'd just joined and curiosity got the best of me :D.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'm just curious: What would cause the moderators to ban someone from the website?

Yeah I know, this isn't the way to jump in a forum but I'd just joined and curiosity got the best of me :D.

If you can do it in the next 5 posts I will give you positive rep....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
blah, blah, blah ...

O.K. ... since you have chosen NOT TO RECEIVE any PM's and thus have effectively ended our "offline" discourse ... you're gone.

Permanente.

Terminal.

Mort.

*edit* .... I see another MOD-SQUAD member has already done the deed ... it takes me back to the days of working a section: "you go high, I'll go low" ... end result: you're banned.

Whoever took the shot ... GOOD KILL.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor

Curiosity killed the cat.

We banned him ...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Silence for 3+ hours ...

Hey, guys ... it's O.K. to post on this thread, my intent was most certainly not to shut it down ... there's no harm, no foul for continuing to pontificate re: the pro's & con's of the AF vs NAV trade skools (sic) ... :)

If anything ... think of this as a "treat": you just "witnessed" an AirWarriors "kill" ...

Consider yourselves "fortunate sons" ...
:)

louisvillefan77

Curiosity killed the cat.

We banned him ...

How did my little inocent question turn into this? lol Well I don't mind. I enjoyed the help. Thank you all, God Bless, Go Cards!!!

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
If you are really a former USAF pilot and are seriously asking what's tactical then you don't have much education. The alternative is you are not who you say you are.

IMHO, his question was pointing out that the term "tactical" is passe, not that he did not know what it meant.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
...If anything ... think of this as a "treat": you just "witnessed" an AirWarriors "kill" ...

Consider yourselves "fortunate sons" ...

Is there anyway we can paint little Migs or something on your profile denoting all the kills you got?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is there anyway we can paint little Migs or something on your profile denoting all the kills you got?

Great idea. There is an urban legend that the Turkish Army allows its officers a quota of times he can draw a sidearm and shoot a subordinate with no questions asked. Rumor had it, a simple piece of paper was submitted identifying the incident as part of seasonal quota and the the higher the rank, the larger quota. You could still shoot someone above the limit, but had to justify it ith more paperwork. All in the name of discipline so the legend went.

True or not, we could give Super Mods a quota of kills as suggested and they wouldn't even have to be justified. Yeah, that's the ticket!

MasterBates

Just add on something below the "Stars"

Maybe Banhammer icons.. Just an idea. Spammer kills need another icon though.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Just add on something below the "Stars"

Maybe Banhammer icons.. Just an idea. Spammer kills need another icon though.

MB another humble suggestion. Obviously your ban hammer works very well indeed but couldn't you use a different kind of hammer? Maybe a 2 pound sledge hammer or something. What kind of hammer is that in the pic? It's plenty big enough to smash Talon (and me I'm sure) but it looks more like a tap tap tap insted of SMASH and CRUSH hammer.......

Pioneer

Banned
Pugs, MB, A4 You slammed and banned Talon, but could you explain what tactical means? It it a mission or AC? An F18 passing gas seems less tactical than a UAV shooting missiles at UBL, right?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pugs, MB, A4 You slammed and banned Talon, but could you explain what tactical means? It it a mission or AC? An F18 passing gas seems less tactical than a UAV shooting missiles at UBL, right?

In the context that it was brought up 'tactical' meant the type of aircraft, not the mission. When trying to differentiate between different communities and disciplines in aviation 'tactical' is often used to describe fighter/attack jets or even those who put 'warheads on foreheads'. It is loosely used and informal, and can mean both mission or aircraft.

While an F/A-18 passing gas is not tactical the aircraft and the pilot certainly still are, and the UAV's dropping ordnance are doing 'tactical' missions I am not sure I would qualify the 'pilots' themselves as that (though many have prior experience as 'tactical' pilots). And UAV's generally have not reached the point where they can be used in a 'tactical' sense in many cases, at least when it comes to ordnance, due to comms and coordination issues.

Clear as mud?