• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"What % Gets Stealth?"

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
jboomer said:
Aliens, Close Encounters, Signs....can't think of any others off the top of my head.

Good call with all those movies being good movies about aliens, but only one deals with an alien invasion of our home planet, Signs...but that was a pretty credible reaction by Mel Gibson's character...

CEof3K was more of an alien visitation movie than invasion...

Aliens was somewhere else, and involved one person who had already encountered them, and a bunch of Marines, who were at least trained to handle situations *similar* to that...

Puppet Masters wasn't particularly realistic...

Another movie I can think of concerning alien invasion was a classic, Invasion of the Body Snatchers...I guess the main characters in that movie did was most people would do in that situation.

Wow, can't believe I just thought/typed all that out...I must have too much time on my hands...damn BDCP. :D

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
metro said:
Good call with all those movies being good movies about aliens, but only one deals with an alien invasion of our home planet, Signs...but that was a pretty credible reaction by Mel Gibson's character...

Not an alien invasion per se, meaning the whole purpose of the movie wasn't a story of alien invasion, but rather the faith of Mel Gibson's character and his relationship with God. The alien invasion was just a plot device. Know what I mean?

Aliens was somewhere else, and involved one person who had already encountered them, and a bunch of Marines, who were at least trained to handle situations *similar* to that...

Best. Sci-Fi/Action Movie. Ever.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Signs was right up there with WotW for one of the crappiest movies I've ever seen. Yet again it was like, "Oh, ****, I didn't write an ending and we've only got two more days left of filming...I got it!" sort of thing. It could have been so much better but he wanted that Oscar instead of the good film. Great, you wrote a story about a family who bonds and included aliens, it's still a POS. Again, I don't know who has seen it or who hasn't so I'd rather not talk about the ending, but come on...aliens have to observe the laws of chemistry too. Beating an alien half to death with a bat, while cool, is ****ing ridiculous. Not a movie I would reccomend.

Regarding alien invasions from the normal man's perspective...I think Dutch was a fairly normal man. The Predator is straight badass, any way you slice it.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I agree. The ending was sort of an afterthought.

One more: MiB. I don't know why I like those movies so much!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ryoukai said:
Beating an alien half to death with a bat, while cool, is ****ing ridiculous.

Why? If they are as strong (frail?) as human beings, you could kill one with a couple swings. Don't let movies confuse you, if you get hit a few times with a baseball bat, you're either dead or in intensive care :)

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Fly Navy said:
If you get hit a few times with a baseball bat, you're either dead or in intensive care :)

Now how's THAT for a law of chemistry? Or physics...whatever. :D

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
SoICanBeFree said:
Quentin Tarantino is one of the most innovative, unique directors in years with truly his own style and vision.. www.imbd.com .. nice site true movie lovers.

Oh please, so many people svck his dick, you'd think it'd be raw by now. He's a pervert. Not sexually, I mean violence. The guy has something wrong with him.

I second IMdB. Great site. Don't waste your time with reading the discussion boards though. Bunch of useless idiots in there.

Ryoukai

Fly Navy said:
Why? If they are as strong (frail?) as human beings, you could kill one with a couple swings. Don't let movies confuse you, if you get hit a few times with a baseball bat, you're either dead or in intensive care :)

But if they have the ability to travel from their planet to ours...I don't think they're gonna be some naked green thing that shoots noxious amnesia gas out of its hand. I'm a former kickboxer, I know all about what will or will not put the hurt on your brain melon, don't get me wrong. I just found the whole thing silly. Oh, by the way, there's no moisture in our atmosphere or anything...it only matters if it's in liquid form. LAME.

Soicanbefree: Sorry to do this guy, but I'm calling shenanigans on you. Kill Bill, which I enjoyed, is one of the most not creative at all movies ever. Everything from that movie is stolen, one way or another, from older movies. For starters, rent Lady Snowblood and then tell me that QT is super original and comes up with all these great ideas.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ryoukai said:
But if they have the ability to travel from their planet to ours...I don't think they're gonna be some naked green thing that shoots noxious amnesia gas out of its hand. I'm a former kickboxer, I know all about what will or will not put the hurt on your brain melon, don't get me wrong. I just found the whole thing silly. Oh, by the way, there's no moisture in our atmosphere or anything...it only matters if it's in liquid form. LAME.

Oh yeah, there are plot holes. But theorizing what aliens would look like when they came to our planet is kinda ... silly. You can't know.

Ryoukai

^ The look of the alien doesn't bother me, I'm all over Predator and Aliens. Don't you think they'd be a bit more prepared if they have the ability to travel across space and arrive here? That's all I'm trying to get at.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ryoukai said:
^ The look of the alien doesn't bother me, I'm all over Predator and Aliens. Don't you think they'd be a bit more prepared if they have the ability to travel across space and arrive here? That's all I'm trying to get at.

Like I said before, true plot wasn't about the aliens.

Ryoukai

Fly Navy said:
Like I said before, true plot wasn't about the aliens.

That's true, I won't try to argue that point. Though the aliens are large enough part of the movie that they should have been handled a bit better and not half-assed. Let's just agree to disagree on this one, it'll go nowhere.

In other news, since I continue to live under a rock, Mr. and Mrs. Smith was one of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in a long time.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
gregsivers said:
Tom Cruise quit being cool in 1986.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/tomcruisesquirted.html
^^Why I think Tom Cruise is a fairy. Pretty funny video.

Ryoukai said:
I'm a former kickboxer, I know all about.....

Wow Ryoukai... your a former kickboxer.... You are now the ultimate authority on movies now... (in my book) :D I keed I keed....

I thought signs was great... Possibly one of the most "believable" alien invasion movies I have seen... As far as portraying reactions, etc.

Don't get me wrong... Predator and Alien beats it hands down.. but I thought it was unique and good in its own way.