• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"What % Gets Stealth?"

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Cate said:
Hey, I'm not naming names, I'm just gently nudging things back towards the topic of lousy movies. Here, I'll start: Kill Bill. What. A. Dog. For serious.

Kill Bill...lousy? You and that other guy who have never seen movies should hang out. That movie was great. If you're not into film, I can see most of it passing over your head but that doesn't make it a bad film. The movie was sort of a big inside joke and if you're nerdy enough you could see where Q was blatantly ripping off other movies. Still much more creative and interesting that 90% of the drivel Hollywood puts out.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I'm with you Cate. Kill Bill stank. Here's another one that never quite made sense to me: Pulp Fiction. Though I'll probably try and watch it again to see why I didn't like it the first time.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I hated War Of The Worlds. I am looking forward to Stealth, though. Not expecting stellar acting, I just want to see something blow up. I will say that one of the best movies so far this summer has been Batman Begins.

beau

jboomer said:
I'm with you Cate. Kill Bill stank. Here's another one that never quite made sense to me: Pulp Fiction. Though I'll probably try and watch it again to see why I didn't like it the first time.

oh man you just hit me in the heart man! Pulp Fiction is top five in my book......what a great movie!

Ryoukai

"I will never forgive your ass for this ****. This is some ****ed-up, repugnant ****!"

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
AllAmerican75 said:
I will say that one of the best movies so far this summer has been Batman Begins.

Yeah Batman Begins was awesome, although I didn't like Katie Holmes for some reason. Still an excellent movie.

Ryoukai

Y-...you...you're glib.

No, he stopped being cool a long time ago.

Batman begins was pretty nuts. Katie Holmes looks like she's 12...not a good fit in the world of Batman. I was also not a fan of Bale's mouth when speaking as Batman, anybody else notice that it was weird and sideways...or something? Qui Gon and Ken Watanabe were badass, through and through.

shortncurly

Well, Christian Bale is English (Welsh, I think, to be exact) so maybe the strange thing he does with his mouth when talking (I've noticed it too) is a way to cover up his accent? I've seen him in a bunch of movies, and have always thought he talked oddly.

Saw "The Wedding Crashers" today. It was easily the funniest movie I've seen in a long, long, time.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
crysmc said:
Katie Holmes = Tom Cruise = Weird but Hot

So by that logic you got a thing for Katie Holmes? :D

That's cool. :icon_smil I agree that she is hot, but he is a friggin' pshyco joke.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Ryoukai said:
Kill Bill...lousy? You and that other guy who have never seen movies should hang out. That movie was great. If you're not into film, I can see most of it passing over your head but that doesn't make it a bad film. The movie was sort of a big inside joke and if you're nerdy enough you could see where Q was blatantly ripping off other movies. Still much more creative and interesting that 90% of the drivel Hollywood puts out.

Wow...I've been accused of a lot of things, but never of having not seen movies...hehehe...KyCntry will have to get on and vouch for my ridiculously large collection... :D

On the issue of my opinion on WotW, there HAVE been movies regarding a normal man's reaction to an abnormal situation, but not so much in the past decade, at least when alien invasion was part of the plot...frankly, the only movie I really remember watching that was made in the last ten years that dealt with alien invasion and the ensuing chaos was Independence Day, and that was hardly anywhere near as "realistic/credible" as WotW.

That's just my two cents, though, and I might be leaving some movies out, as I readily admit I am not normally into watching movies dealing with aliens, as the greater percentage I've watched have kind of sucked.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Aliens, Close Encounters, Signs....can't think of any others off the top of my head.

R..did you just say "Batman begins with pretty nuts"? ......whoa

j/k

ip568

None
Sorry...

There is ONE all time great flying movie: The original "Flight of the Phoenix," with Jimmy Stewart and Richard Attenborough.

10039477.jpg

I can't think of one really good flying movie made in the last ten years.