• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What did you get from Santa for Christmas 2020?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's quite the suspension. Planning on doing some rock crawling?

HuggyU2

None

Installing one of these in your Master Bathroom will change your life. I shit you not.
I had an electrician install an outlet in the toilet area... and voila... good to go.

Best Christmas present ever.

(I actually got it a week or so before Christmas... but I can verify results at this point!)

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
That's quite the suspension. Planning on doing some rock crawling?
This thing is impressive. Owner sent me a 4 page build sheet that documents every repair/upgrade he’s done since he’s owned it. If it works out, it will see “responsible” off-road use, ha.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This thing is impressive. Owner sent me a 4 page build sheet that documents every repair/upgrade he’s done since he’s owned it. If it works out, it will see “responsible” off-road use, ha.
As a 24+ year Jeep driver, curious about the model year and asking price. Have you had a Jeep previously? That thing is going to be a handful as a daily driver, if that's the intent.

I'm actively looking to upgrade my 2012 JK (below) to a new-ish JL before I push out to Kauai this Summer (white TJ (bottom) was my Ensign-mobile... photographed in roughly the same spot 12 years ago in the Black Rock Desert).

87687480_10102083193799966_2847089474981068800_n.jpg87465266_10102083164513656_8665625118484987904_n.jpg

ABMD

As a 24+ year Jeep driver, curious about the model year and asking price. Have you had a Jeep previously? That thing is going to be a handful as a daily driver, if that's the intent.

I'm actively looking to upgrade my 2012 JK (below) to a new-ish JL before I push out to Kauai this Summer (white TJ (bottom) was my Ensign-mobile... photographed in roughly the same spot 12 years ago in the Black Rock Desert).

View attachment 34251View attachment 34252
Yup, long ago I had a YJ and later a WJ . Ever since then I’ve always wanted to get back into a Wrangler. I’ve been looking for a YJ or Tj on and off for the last 2-3 years and finding a clean, rust free example is very hard to find. I’ve found some rust free, clean examples, but they have a lot more miles and zero documentation compared to this particular TJ and once I throw on a lift, wheels, tires and necessary accessories I’m close to the number I’ve been discussing with the owner.

I don’t plan to make it a daily driver, thanks to Covid I’m no longer commuting to an office everyday. Future state would be max of 2 days/week. I also have a hybrid for those commuting duties.

I live a few hours away from Rausch Creek in PA. I’d love to spend a weekend up there exploring their trails.

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here

Installing one of these in your Master Bathroom will change your life. I shit you not.
I had an electrician install an outlet in the toilet area... and voila... good to go.

Best Christmas present ever.

(I actually got it a week or so before Christmas... but I can verify results at this point!)
That beats my flannel lined moccasins and Duluth Trading gift cards.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Finished up just before Christmas Eve. Custom 29er.

Geeky stats:
27.1 lbs
Carbon thru-axle boost frame with custom Aircraft Green paint
Carbon .29 mm ID carbon rims, DT Swiss hubs, Aero spokes
RockShox SidLuxe Ultimate Rear
RockShox SID SL Select Front
Maxxis Dissector 2.4" Tires
Selle Italia saddle
OneUp V2 180mm dropper
Shimano XT derailleur
Shimano XT IceTech hydraulic brakes front/rear
RaceFace stem
Carbon handlebar

GreenBike.jpg
Oh...and a small fortune in pressure treated 4x4 fence posts. LOL

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
In the dead of winter...In Ohio!!! Be careful out there.
Its actually been quite mild lately - hit almost 60F today....obviously that won't hold, but for now its awesome. The CWU-45/P is a decent winter riding jacket and Patagonia leggings underneath old surplus Navy issue Dri Fire nomex flying pants are good cold weather riding pants. My Asolo hiking boots and Goretex insulated gloves round out the winter ensamble. Not perfect but good for now. I went with the Bell MAG-9 helmet with full face shield.

Last edited:

ABMD

Geeky stats:
27.1 lbs
Selle Italia saddle
OneUp V2 180mm dropper
Shimano XT derailleur
RaceFace stem
Carbon handlebar

View attachment 34253
Is that a no-brand Chinese frame?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Its actually been quite mild lately - hit almost 60F today....obviously that won't hold, but for now its awesome. The CWU-45/P is a decent winter riding jacket and Patagonia leggings underneath old surplus Navy issue Dri Fire nomex flying pants are good cold weather riding pants. My Asolo hiking boots and Goretex insulated gloves round out the winter ensamble. Not perfect but good for now. I went with the Bell MAG-9 helmet with full face shield.
Attire is only part of it. Riding a two wheeler on winter slick roads is a bitch. I am a desert dweller and in college got scared half to death when I hit a wet spot in a turn that was caused by irrigation sprinklers blowing onto the road. Lucky I didn't go down.

taxi1

pilot

Geeky stats:
27.1 lbs
Selle Italia saddle
OneUp V2 180mm dropper
Shimano XT derailleur
RaceFace stem
Carbon handlebar

View attachment 34253

I went MTBiking on Christmas Eve up here, on trails that are usually too wet to ride this time of year unless they are frozen (they were). My bike started out as a Specialized Stumpjumper but is now a franken-bike as front fork, main shock, front rim, tires, brakes, have all been replaced and a dropper post added.

I've gone full old guy with shin shredding platform pedals, and find using them with the 5.10 shoes pretty awesome with no clopping around when walking. I put platforms on my gravel bike too, and often ride in Tevas.