• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What did you get from Santa for Christmas 2020?

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
A lot of the Xmas tree crop in the PNW got damaged during the heat waves this summer.

That sounds ‘bout what the tree cutter at Lowes was saying. Didn’t catch if it was a heat wave or problems with insects but definitely some type of actual supply issue from the farms. He also mentioned a complicating factor was simply getting the trees available to market - truck shortage was slowing delivery.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Seems to be a limited supply/ limited choices of Xmas trees this year - may want to shop early. We just got back from Home Depot / Lowes and it was not much there today but we found one.
I'm down in the mountains of NC this week, Christmas tree capital for the East Coast (Sparta, Crumpler). Seems like there are plenty of tree on the mountains and lots of cut and bundled trees waiting for delivery.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
A lot of the Xmas tree crop in the PNW got damaged during the heat waves this summer.

We went out to Lincoln City a few weeks after, this summer, and those poor trees on the drive back to corvallis. Not the xmas trees, but if those big guys were feeling the pain, I'm sure the little guys were too.

(thinking about installing AC into my NUW home)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We went out to Lincoln City a few weeks after, this summer, and those poor trees on the drive back to corvallis. Not the xmas trees, but if those big guys were feeling the pain, I'm sure the little guys were too.

(thinking about installing AC into my NUW home)
Yeah, hopefully they can recover with another season's worth of new growth. I know after this past summer, lots of folks were considering AC. One guy in our squadron had an estimate to add AC to his existing system... about $10K. Ouch! Could probably get a couple window units and call it good.

Thanks for bringing the jet down to Vegas, BTW. Wanted to meet you and Hansel on the flight line, but had another engagement. All Oregon crew... strong. :)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Thanks for bringing the jet down to Vegas, BTW. Wanted to meet you and Hansel on the flight line, but had another engagement. All Oregon crew... strong. :)

Hah he's good people, great flight BTW, and first time I ever flew the fully loaded hog. Vegas was fun that night :) Also P420 is bananas. They did a nice job. I did get accused of pitching a troner over the beautiful stan of the mass brief

Last edited:

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
Out of the box for the win! However, this year we lost some lights...so it will be time to snag another one on clearance after the holiday. I believe we got 7 years out of this particular tree.

Note the custom wings on the shelf above (individual pieces welded together...weighs a metric shit-ton as they say) AND the old weathered "The Alamo" sign from Spencer Field. I happened to be walking out as they were replacing it...the young guys on the crash crew were happy to dump it on me.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
As my Whiting Field T-shirts slowly fade away, every Christmas is a chance for some new ones. Last year, WKRP, this year from “War of the Worlds”, Remember the ThunderChild! But for now, the next hour or 2 will be building an LOL Surprise Dollhouse….

1640447215170.jpeg

Couple of blurays as well. Tim Allen’s “GalaxyQuest” and now every year a John Wayne movie, 2021 brought “The Searchers”

Back
  1. 81O3g7gi1XL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Back
    1. 51a0wlMnAlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    2. 71HMbEJpxEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
As my Whiting Field T-shirts slowly fade away, every Christmas is a chance for some new ones. Last year, WKRP, this year from “War of the Worlds”, Remember the ThunderChild! But for now, the next hour or 2 will be building an LOL Surprise Dollhouse….

View attachment 34245

Couple of blurays as well. Tim Allen’s “GalaxyQuest” and now every year a John Wayne movie, 2021 brought “The Searchers”
LOL Surprise is always a crowd pleasure with the young girls.

I’m currently in discussion to purchase this after New Years.
34F83CA1-5BD3-404A-ADA7-7A5B79EECF7C.jpeg