• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

West Point Cadet jumped twice: Once by thugs, once by the Army

IRfly

None
Latest, from Houston press. HPD is taking another look. Limo driver does report the Cadet was intoxicated.

The two dudes who beat him up maintain that he was drunk...because if he wasn't, then they possibly go to jail.

OscarMyers

None
A waiter that watched an episode of law and order once could get this cadet off.

giggity-giggity-giggity-78490.jpg

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
It's a sad day when the police take the word of a couple of street thugs over that of a Cadet at the USMA.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Who cares what the limo driver says. What does the BAC say?
An eye witness is always worth caring about. If there wasn't a BAC taken, then what the limo drivers says is highly relevant. That the HPD may have screwed up doesn't change the fact that a witness thought he was intoxicated. By the way, I am wondering what medical school or law enforcement academy teaches that getting a suspect with a sever head wound to blow in a machine comes before getting medical aide. Are you sure they didn't take some blood at the hospital to conduct a BAC? Or maybe if a guy is reeking of alcohol, says he drank too much or cops to a certain number of drinks on the plane, was seen unsteady on his feet before the beat down, etc, one can say he was under the influence of something. Of course we don't know that any of this was the case here, but it is no more speculative then asserting that no BAC was taken or they didn't have enough other evidence to conclude the cadet was intoxicated.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Even if he was drunk, these thugs went too far. Self defense is only that action need to remove the threat. They could have easily restrained this guy without the beating. The Cadet needs to press assualt charges against the body guards and accessory charges against the bitch who ordered the beating.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
None of this really matters. Unless the cadet threw the first punch, which isn't shown on the video and no one has stated, the two thugs are guilty as hell of felony battery that is clear, yet they haven't been charged.
The body guards claim he threw the first punch.

To me it looks like on the tape that they got up in this face and he pushed them away. It's hard to tell who made physical contact first, but I dont think stiff arming someone who is in your personal space is considered 'the first punch'.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I don't even know who this bitch is......sounds like another has-been who needs a security detail to make her feel special.

MPH

I'll take option c. All parties involved are idiots.

The bodyguards are thugs who provoked and then beat up a drunk. They deserve jail time.

The HPD officers snapping photos with whatever the fuck her name is, violated their oath to "...act justly and impartially..."

What no one has mentioned the fact that the cadet is clearly WASTED or in some impaired state during the course of the video. See him not using the sidewalk AND almost falling into a bus at 0:12 of the youtube video on page 1. He stumbles around several other times as well. Do you know anyone who acts this way after a single drink? He's clearly drunk... and in public. I'm not saying he deserved what he got, but he certainly wasn't acting responsibly, and I can see WP going after him on that.

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
MPH: the CDT appears to be on the phone, and a little later, texting or using apps. While it is stupid to do that in a highly congested area, it does not suggest that he is drunk. I've done the same thing on my iPhone, and I ended up on crutches after tripping over something in my way and falling through very thin wall. Just because he is zigzagging shows his attention is impaired, but in this case, I'd say by gadgetry, not by alcohol. I don't think he should have been canned for that.

MPH

You make a fair point.

With that said, he's considerably more unsteady on his feet than I'd associate with being sober. Apps or not. He admitted to having a drink, but everyone I've known who got nailed for a DUI has had "two beers". We should reassess once his BAC comes back.

MPH

Man you and Big Navy would get along great...

How's that? Because I pointed out he's stumbling around (I believe drunk) and I stated I thought that's why WP nailed him?

I don't care if he was drunk or not. You're responsible for your conduct regardless of your level of sobriety, and I don't see anything about his conduct here that's remotely out of line. If you can hold your liquor and not get behind the wheel I'll get shitfaced right next to you. But how many guys do you know who've been screwed because a police report said that alcohol was possibly a factor... irrespective of what occurred or who was actually at fault?

Officers are held to a double standard, I won't call it a "higher" standard because it's not an ethical question. You're all WELL aware of that, and I'm sure avoid certain situations as a result. If you want to change the double standard that's fine, more power to you. But being alone, drunk (I'm still making that assumption), and (justifiably) belligerent to the assholes getting in your face isn't a good position to find yourself in.

Just because he exercised poor judgment, doesn't mean he deserved to get his ass kicked or punished by WP. I said that in my initial post.