• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flying Toaster

None
Maybe I'm missing it, but is there some way to see threads you've posted in? Sort of like the little green circle thing on the old forum.

SWACQ

pilot
Contributor
Has the tapatalk function been updated? My Evo still won't load it.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh he's around... I bumped into him a few months back. Caught him lying about an old Ford tractor he supposedly just had restored. Trouble was I found the same pictures he'd posted about his restoration project on another person’s website dated way before his (supposedly) ‘just taken’ photos. ;)

I’ve found another interesting fellow though. He claims AO, EOD, BUD’s, Blackwater and a few other interesting things. I don’t want to post his name here he might Google someday for some reason, come here to AW and find this post. I’d like to follow this fellow though. Want to help me ‘out him’ to the POW network? Should be fun!:)

Steve

He's been up there for some time and that led to big showdown involving his family and threats, etc. Stuff is still there under Barner. Check it out...be prepared to devote a lot of time reading the snapshots of web posts and his retorts.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Anyone know how to delete "conversations" (the new word for PMs, apparently...thank you Google)? I don't see anything to check or select both in and out of the conversation.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Anyone know how to delete "conversations" (the new word for PMs, apparently...thank you Google)? I don't see anything to check or select both in and out of the conversation.
I think the "Leave Conversation" link in the upper right hand corner of the conversation does the equivalent.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hmm, okay. I guess you hope that no one sends you any more PMs on the subject you've left.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Hmm, okay. I guess you hope that no one sends you any more PMs on the subject you've left.
Once you click that link it gives you two options, one to permanently delete, one to just take it off your conversation list.

brownshoe

Contributor
He's been up there for some time and that led to big showdown involving his family and threats, etc. Stuff is still there under Barner. Check it out...be prepared to devote a lot of time reading the snapshots of web posts and his retorts.

Interesting! Do you still have the link info? (I lost it.) I sure would like to go there and read all the stuff. PM or email might be better.

Thanks,

Steve

BTW... want to help a few of us with this new guy? I'll PM you a link.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is there a way to increase the number of posts in a thread you see per page? Under the old system I know you could display 25, 50, etc.

brownshoe

Contributor
Day 1 of the new website software did not get off to a good start. Suffice it to say that I ran too many database queries simultaneously, and succeeded in crashing the mysql (database) server on the hosting machine that the website uses. This is not reflective of the new software, just that I was trying to execute too many queries on LARGE databases simultaneously. My bad.

I had to roll back 8 hours to a previous database backup, should not really impact anybody at all.

Since the previous post is no longer on the website, I will reiterate what I have been up to....

I installed a brand new forum, utilizing the software called XENFORO, replacing the old vBulletin software. I have evaluated this new software over the last 5 months on a test server, and transitioned the website this weekend. There are of course many cosmetic and feature changes that will come with this new software. For those that were unaware, I have had significant difficulties keeping the vBulletin software running, and have grown tired of their numerous updates and buggy software that has forced me to look for a new solution. Hence the shift to the new forum software called XENFORO. This is a start up company with the original team that helped create the very successful vBulletin 3.0 series, and is now running their own company and putting out a pretty amazing alternative.

NOTE: during the transition, ANYONE with multiple accounts utilizing the same email, your accounts were merged to the first created instance (username) that you registered with. I will gladly reset passwords, and rename your usernames to what you desire. PM me on the website, or send me an email at admin@airwarriors.com.

Enjoy the new forum, and Happy Independence Day!

John

Probably just me... but what does 'follow' and 'following' denote in the friends area of your profile? (Never used to be that way.)

Steve

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you want to "follow" their posts, select that option. Once you do, then you are "following" them. Some Forums use term "watch" as in watching threads and you can then can alerts when something is posted or in case of "following" a user, you are alerted when they post.