• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Day 1 of the new website software did not get off to a good start. Suffice it to say that I ran too many database queries simultaneously, and succeeded in crashing the mysql (database) server on the hosting machine that the website uses. This is not reflective of the new software, just that I was trying to execute too many queries on LARGE databases simultaneously. My bad.

I had to roll back 8 hours to a previous database backup, should not really impact anybody at all.

Since the previous post is no longer on the website, I will reiterate what I have been up to....

I installed a brand new forum, utilizing the software called XENFORO, replacing the old vBulletin software. I have evaluated this new software over the last 5 months on a test server, and transitioned the website this weekend. There are of course many cosmetic and feature changes that will come with this new software. For those that were unaware, I have had significant difficulties keeping the vBulletin software running, and have grown tired of their numerous updates and buggy software that has forced me to look for a new solution. Hence the shift to the new forum software called XENFORO. This is a start up company with the original team that helped create the very successful vBulletin 3.0 series, and is now running their own company and putting out a pretty amazing alternative.

NOTE: during the transition, ANYONE with multiple accounts utilizing the same email, your accounts were merged to the first created instance (username) that you registered with. I will gladly reset passwords, and rename your usernames to what you desire. PM me on the website, or send me an email at admin@airwarriors.com.

Enjoy the new forum, and Happy Independence Day!

John

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Looks sharp. I could, however, do without the queerness that was the trophy system for reputation! "I love it!"

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
My "to do" list:

- Tapatalk: reinstall (www.tapatalk.com) view forum on iphone/android devices
- Wings under username
- Style: change the orange/pink to something else (any css or graphic artists out there that have any recommendations?)
- Reputation Mod: install (going to wait on this one for a bit, holding off on major mods until the site is running good for a bit)

phrogpilot73

Are those in order of importance? I never realized how much I relied on tapatalk for entertainment until I used it! Plus, the "vetting" of users via wings is important... At least in my mind.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Are those in order of importance? I never realized how much I relied on tapatalk for entertainment until I used it! Plus, the "vetting" of users via wings is important... At least in my mind.
Basically, yes. Tomorrow I will reinstall the Tapatalk mod, and then the wings. Should be pretty straightforward.

phrogpilot73

Oh, and near as I can tell the only thing that's going to suck is finding threads for those of who have been around for a while - it only identifies XenForo posts & threads. aka - I can't click on a user and find their posts, at least not until they've done enough XenForo posts.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Oh, and near as I can tell the only thing that's going to suck is finding threads for those of who have been around for a while - it only identifies XenForo posts & threads. aka - I can't click on a user and find their posts, at least not until they've done enough XenForo posts.
Only because I am leery of rebuilding the search index. Going to hold off on that until tomorrow, since that was one of the two items I ran (very server intensive) that helped crash the site last night. Once I run that, all the older posts will show up.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Put this on the list too...towards the bottom.

Make the dashed line that divides the post text and the signature line more noticable. Maybe the color change will take care of it but I find myself reading a post and flowing right into the signature line without seeing the stopping point. I think before there was a font change ...italics maybe...but there was definite and noticable stopping point.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Put this on the list too...towards the bottom.

Make the dashed line that divides the post text and the signature line more noticable. Maybe the color change will take care of it but I find myself reading a post and flowing right into the signature line without seeing the stopping point. I think before there was a font change ...italics maybe...but there was definite and noticable stopping point.
Concur, that is something I have noticed also, and that needs a better "break" to it visually. As an interim, for those that do not want to see signature lines, you can always disable them under PREFERENCES, select "Show people's signatures with their messages".

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Update:
- Wings added
- Style changes to break apart posts and put a signature line separator in place.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Where does a busy hinge find time for all of this?

All this website upgrading sounds like JO task city.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Where does a busy hinge find time for all of this?

All this website upgrading sounds like JO task city.
Oh, btw, on the draft 1301, you will soon be working for me... I will be sure to implement "JO task city" appropriately. After you enjoy Hawaii of course!

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Bahaha. What's my new job? Assistant TO the Safety Natops Officer? Sweet fitrep bullet...

I can't wait to put my safety hat on.

dunce_cap.jpg