• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

War in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
At this point, the only thing arguably restraining the Israelis is whether or not it’s operationally/strategically feasible to occupy (annex?) Gaza. I mean, this occurred because HAMAS had a staging area to plan/operate from that they politically controlled. I wouldn’t be surprised if folks in whatever the Israeli equivalent of a J-5 shop is are arguing that the answer is to forcibly and permanently take political control of that space.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
27 Americans murdered. Twenty Seven. Americans.

Dead at the pre-meditated hand of our enemy.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
27 Americans murdered. Twenty Seven. Americans.

Dead at the pre-meditated hand of our enemy.
So HAMAS has roughly the same kill count as the SWO community.

It’s a heinous crime, but they went out seeking to kill Israelis and inadvertently killed Americans. That matters as to whether US interests support a military response as opposed to aiding an Israeli response. What’s more, the responsible thing is to keep a lid on things so it doesn’t become a regional problem. Us going kinetic unnecessarily does not help that.

IRfly

None
At this point, the only thing arguably restraining the Israelis is whether or not it’s operationally/strategically feasible to occupy (annex?) Gaza. I mean, this occurred because HAMAS had a staging area to plan/operate from that they politically controlled. I wouldn’t be surprised if folks in whatever the Israeli equivalent of a J-5 shop is are arguing that the answer is to forcibly and permanently take political control of that space.
Tell me you're a noob re: this conflict without saying you're a noob...

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I don't understand the values of those of you that oppose the use of our national power and might to defend and impose retribution for the murder of our fellow citizens. You are military MEN. This is what we do. I dont for the life of me understand the hesitency , restraint of actually using the capabilities we have invested in so heavily.

We protect our citizens - do we not?

I think our inaction, our restraint, our center of gravity toward deterrence and diplomacy can be over used.

This feels like Munich.

WhiskeySierra6

pilot
I don't understand the values of those of you that oppose the use of our national power and might to defend and impose retribution for the murder of our fellow citizens. You are military MEN. This is what we do. I dont for the life of me understand the hesitency , restraint of actually using the capabilities we have invested in so heavily.

I think our inaction, our restraint, our center of gravity toward deterrence and diplomacy can be over used.

This feels like Munich.
Probably because most of us are weary of being pulled into another war in the Middle East for dubious reasons. If you could guarantee (you can't) a limited proportional response you'd probably find greater support. MLCOA = MDCOA which is, like the last two wars in the region, a protracted operation that drains "capabilities we have invested in so heavily" and sets other developing capabilities back while China continues to catch up/surpass us.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

This feels like Munich.
Like @nittany03 said above, it wasn't intentional to kill Americans. Compare what your wailing about to 9/11. 9/11 was a bit more direct and intentional to kill Americans.

If the US went to war due to every American unintentionally killed abroad, how many wars would the US have on it's hands?

I think you are off the mark.

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Does it matter?
No and yes. No in the sense their status does not make their death any less tragic. Yes in that if they are citizens of both Israel and the United States, that changes the optic a bit.

This feels like Munich.
1697145451566.png
Many countries have lost people and they are grieving too. Do you suggest we all go to war? That seems incredibly emotional and unbecoming of a professional warfighter. This was not a direct attack our country so do not conflate it as such.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Tell me you're a noob re: this conflict without saying you're a noob...
I didn’t suggest it as a COA. I said it wouldn’t surprise me if they were considering it.

And no, just because I disagree with some schmuck online doesn’t mean my feelings are hurt. But keep thinking so highly of yourself.

MGoBrew11

pilot

This feels like Munich.
Becasue, Chuck, what good would it really do to go over there and use our might? We spent 20 flipping years in Afghanistan and Iraq. And for what?

I’m a dad to two young kids. Why the heck should I and other fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters etc go over there and risk our lives to fight more terrorists that can’t be defeated in a conventional war?

This isn’t our battle. I’m sorry 27 Americans died. 27 or more die in the streets in America every day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.