• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

War in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Chuck is preparing to unleash his most powerful orgasm ever in response to Ford's presence in the EMED. When Ward Carroll arrives on scene to deliver his handsomely monetized play by play analysis, Chuck will just dissolve into a rapturous mist, as he transcends the physical world for Nirvana.

Nah. He’ll be mad that we aren’t annexing ourselves to Israel and using nukes on Gaza.

;)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I’d pay a decent chunk of change to see the absolute spoolfest happening in that LFOC
Half the incoming phone calls are probably the TACRON LNO at the CAOC trying to get a hold of the det OIC or TACCWO, because GODDAMMIT CSO, WHY CAN'T YOU GIVE YOUR MAIN AIR OPS POC THEIR OWN GODDAMNED POTS LINE I HAVE A JOB TO DO HERE UNFUCKING THEIR SHIT RABBLE RABBLE . . .

Sorry, flashbacks to my hinge-hood there for a second.

IRfly

None
Alright alright...
So I said that no one is sure where this goes. And I think that's true in the short and medium term. Long-term, though?

What's been going on over the past 17 years is. not. working.

My proposal is that we try to get Turkish troops to take over security in Gaza, maybe under a NATO flag. They're savvy and brutal enough to bring Hamas to heel, but at the same time hopefully not (too) threatening to both the local population and the Israelis. I think that at this point public opinion in Turkey would support it, and we'd need to twist Israel's arm.

I recognize the enormous irony of bringing back the Turks. But it's the least bad long-term solution that I can see.

taxi1

pilot
The Gaza Strip is going to be the Thunderdome, where Hamas and the IDF enter, and one of them leaves.

Good article in The Atlantic about Hamas philosophy:

The most relevant of the document’s 36 articles can be summarized as falling within four main themes:
  1. The complete destruction of Israel as an essential condition for the liberation of Palestine and the establishment of a theocratic state based on Islamic law (Sharia),
  2. The need for both unrestrained and unceasing holy war (jihad) to attain the above objective,
  3. The deliberate disdain for, and dismissal of, any negotiated resolution or political settlement of Jewish and Muslim claims to the Holy Land, and
  4. The reinforcement of historical anti-Semitic tropes and calumnies married to sinister conspiracy theories.

Hamas Covenant

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
I’d pay a decent chunk of change to see the absolute spoolfest happening in that LFOC
Oh make no mistake - Grunts are absolutely creaming their pants at the amount of planning events they’re going to create. The only dudes I really feel pain for is the S4/N4 types trying to keep shit in the box.

Half the incoming phone calls are probably the TACRON LNO at the CAOC trying to get a hold of the det OIC or TACCWO, because GODDAMMIT CSO, WHY CAN'T YOU GIVE YOUR MAIN AIR OPS POC THEIR OWN GODDAMNED POTS LINE I HAVE A JOB TO DO HERE UNFUCKING THEIR SHIT RABBLE RABBLE . . .

Sorry, flashbacks to my hinge-hood there for a second.

Hah you expected PHIBRON or Ship Air Ops to actually do something? Bold move, cotton.

Random8145

A lot of people outside the realm of Naval Aviation assume the ship is at anchor when conducting flight ops. It was one of the biggest surprises for my family when they asked me how CVN flight ops work, e.g. "how do you land on the ship while it's moving?"
That's kind of surprising to me. I mean how would the ship be at anchor when out in the middle of the ocean? Also it would be a sitting duck if not moving.

Random8145

Very sober and on point message from our former POTUS regarding the situation in Israel. ?

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or agree with Trump, however regarding the tweet itself, I'd say the author is taking it out of context. Trump didn't "attack" Israel, to the extent he attacked anybody, he only attacked Netanyahu, and I'd say more a strong criticism than an out-and-out attack. He didn't say Netanyahu is a horrible person, just that he was very disappointed and that Netanyahu let them down on that and then tried to take credit.

Nor did he call Israel weak. He said they've got to "straighten it up" regarding the intelligence because of the utter viciousness of who they're fighting and that they need to strengthen themselves up (that is not the same as saying they're weak).

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Not sure if you are being sarcastic or agree with Trump, however regarding the tweet itself, I'd say the author is taking it out of context. Trump didn't "attack" Israel, to the extent he attacked anybody, he only attacked Netanyahu, and I'd say more a strong criticism than an out-and-out attack. He didn't say Netanyahu is a horrible person, just that he was very disappointed and that Netanyahu let them down on that and then tried to take credit.

Nor did he call Israel weak. He said they've got to "straighten it up" regarding the intelligence because of the utter viciousness of who they're fighting and that they need to strengthen themselves up (that is not the same as saying they're weak).
Oh, I was being sarcastic. Nice job Trump-splaining his ridiculous comments on the situation though.

Here's the basis of his comments. It's all transactional. No real principles involved.

Random8145

Oh, I was being sarcastic. Nice job Trump-splaining his ridiculous comments on the situation though.

Here's the basis of his comments. It's all transactional. No real principles involved.

I agree that things shouldn't all be transactional.
Or maybe you'd like to see/hear it from 'Desanctimonious'

No need to reflexively defend this BS.
Again, I really don't see what you're getting upset about here. He said Hezbollah are smart. And...? He isn't praising them. Trump criticized someone for saying he hopes they don't attack in the north because that's their weak spot. That's a reasonable point. Trump's point is Hezbollah are intelligent, so why would you say that? So I haven't seen Trump "attacking" Israel. It more seems his political opponents are trying to use this issue to attack him.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
I'm not upset. It's really not that hard. "We stand with the people and nation of Israel. Under my administration we'll do X/Y/Z"

Imagine if the leaders of Israel or European democracies made similar comments directed towards Bush after 9/11...

Status
Not open for further replies.