• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

War in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
What's the RCS of a human dangling from a bunch of ripstop nylon?
It must be close to the RCS of the rounds fired from the system, which it's advertised to be able to track for windage correction real-time.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
The Ford does look cool on the horizon though. Way sexier than anyone doing the real mission. But maybe the real mission is just to look sexy and flex like a Tik Tok chick doing squats at Planet Fitness. We know she's not going to fuck Hamas, she's way too hot for that. If that's the case, I give her an A+.

She’s not there to fuck Hamas. Hamas is the dumbass overweight wingman who always takes things too far, and anyway he’s getting some already.

She’s there to fuck Hezbollah.

;)

IRfly

None
There are more capable assets that are already established in the AOR than what a CVN at anchor brings to the table. Except that the CVN looks better on camera.
1) I was kind of shitposting. Kind of. One of those things where I wish I was drunk at the time but in actuality was not
2) For $20 billion, the FORD had BETTER look great on camera. Is she good at the other stuff carriers (not at anchor) are also supposed to do?
3) As many people have already pointed out, where tf does the whole "at anchor" part come from?
4) Nobody knows where this goes from here. There are some fun high school social studies papers in this thread and a lot of high-testosterone jacking, but I don't think the Israelis are capable physically or politically of slaughtering 2 million people, the vast majority of whom are also prisoners of Hamas. I certainly hope and believe that they are also morally/spiritually not capable of doing so.
5) Netanyahu is a ginormous fuck-up.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
3) As many people have already pointed out, where tf does the whole "at anchor" part come from?
A lot of people outside the realm of Naval Aviation assume the ship is at anchor when conducting flight ops. It was one of the biggest surprises for my family when they asked me how CVN flight ops work, e.g. "how do you land on the ship while it's moving?"

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
A lot of people outside the realm of Naval Aviation assume the ship is at anchor when conducting flight ops. It was one of the biggest surprises for my family when they asked me how CVN flight ops work, e.g. "how do you land on the ship while it's moving?"
On station: (CENTCOM PA pic)

F8GijbkXQAAYnJP.jpeg

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
1) I was kind of shitposting. Kind of. One of those things where I wish I was drunk at the time but in actuality was not
2) For $20 billion, the FORD had BETTER look great on camera. Is she good at the other stuff carriers (not at anchor) are also supposed to do?
4) Nobody knows where this goes from here. There are some fun high school social studies papers in this thread and a lot of high-testosterone jacking, but I don't think the Israelis are capable physically or politically of slaughtering 2 million people, the vast majority of whom are also prisoners of Hamas. I certainly hope and believe that they are also morally/spiritually not capable of doing so.
5) Netanyahu is a ginormous fuck-up.

It was a jab as I saw a lot of photos and videos on Instagram reels from people on the beach in Gaza with the Ford in view with it's anchor chains in the water, and with a couple of tenders and a couple of tugs. It was really surprising to see... "Hey, I'm here on the beach and look what just showed up".

Me- shouldn't they be ugh... moving? But I suppose it sends a pretty strong message as the sun is coming up. I seriously doubt they're still sitting there.

I totally get the message, but it's not like we don't have other units in the AOR ready to go. There are plenty of airbases within reach from pretty much every direction on the map of where we'd want to go. Do we *need* the airwing off the CVN? Probably not. Is it nice to have? It sure is. Does it send a strong power projection message? It sure does.

To be honest, I find it interesting that the MEU didn't jump on board to.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
On station: (CENTCOM PA pic)
Chuck is preparing to unleash his most powerful orgasm ever in response to Ford's presence in the EMED. When Ward Carroll arrives on scene to deliver his handsomely monetized play by play analysis, Chuck will just dissolve into a rapturous mist, as he transcends the physical world for Nirvana.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Reminds me of the stoner I ran into in college while wearing my MIDN SDBs.

Stoner: “Are you, like, in the Army or something?”

Me, in a uniform covered in freaking anchors: “I’m in Navy ROTC.”

Stoner: “Navy? But . . . but there’s no water here!” (totally confused look)

Like seriously dude, do you think we all have gills or something?

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Reminds me of the stoner I ran into in college while wearing my MIDN SDBs.

Stoner: “Are you, like, in the Army or something?”

Me, in a uniform covered in freaking anchors: “I’m in Navy ROTC.”

Stoner: “Navy? But . . . but there’s no water here!” (totally confused look)

Like seriously dude, do you think we all have gills or something?
While working at HQMC, had a meeting at the White House with the Marine mil aide. While waiting outside the entrance gate with a co-worker (in our Service Alpha dress uniforms), an older black lady looked us up and down.

Her: "Ooooohweee! You boys in the Salvation Army?

Us: "No ma'am,..Marine Corps (sigh)"?

Status
Not open for further replies.