• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Want to get a leg up on Primary?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
37gph at WOT. That sound of the secondaries opening is the intake sucking $5 bills out of my wallet.

Sent via my HTC EVO 4G

Jesus, when did you pick up the Scarab? Trying to make back those manatee payments the south american way?

HueyCobra8151

pilot
My wife needs to deploy so I can throw all her income towards my loans. :) Then the question becomes airplane vs. helicopter for the first toy...decisions, decisions...

Is that even a question?

Do the research before reinforcing your roof for the helipad.

;)

ryan1234

Yeah I seriously looked into an L-39. And I am continuing to seriously seek a way to own one. It would take a slight change to some current FAA regulations, but Congressional General Aviation Caucus is already looking into making those changes. If you can own it as a business, which some people already do, it becomes much more realistic.

They're not bad airplanes... the other day @FL240, it was getting around about 140 gals/hr total. MX is hardly anything, and the jet itself is really simple... and of course, self-contained. We operate several of them.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Thats still around $800 / hr, not to mention the gas it took to get UP to FL240.

Don't get me wrong I think the L-39 is an awesome jet, and as I said I still want to find a way to own one. But as it stands I dont have 1000 bucks to toss at an hour of flight time.

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
Too bad that a T-6 still has 1100shp and can pull 7g's

The T-34C when new could pull 6.5 Gs. Hell in recent history I know of someone pulling 7.5 Gs on a BI, plane was taken appart and sent away. It did have one small ripple, but what do expect from 28 years in service doing all sorts of crazy shit. I think the T-6 is limited to 5 or 5.5 Gs. Hell you do not need to pull more than 3 Gs to do a loop in the 34..

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
7.5 on a BI is impressive, but that seems to happen from time to time. My personal favorite was a 7+G landing at home field. No, it was not me, though I did have to hold at Charlie for 15 minutes waiting on him. That was also where I learned how to pee and hold at the same time. That was a first.

81montedriver

pilot
The T-34C when new could pull 6.5 Gs. Hell in recent history I know of someone pulling 7.5 Gs on a BI, plane was taken appart and sent away. It did have one small ripple, but what do expect from 28 years in service doing all sorts of crazy shit. I think the T-6 is limited to 5 or 5.5 Gs. Hell you do not need to pull more than 3 Gs to do a loop in the 34..

Yeh there was a reason I said 7g's, I didn't just pull that number out of my ass. And that's great that someone pulled 7.5g's in a T-34. Just because someone does it, doesn't mean that it's in limits. I could just as easily say, "I know someone who pulled 9g's in a T-6 on a BI." Doesn't mean it's better, it just means whoever did it, is an idiot.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
IIRC, there was some safety brief or other which mentioned a 9G hit on a T-34 once upon a time. Might have been the G-LOC brief. Or some ungodly number like that.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Forget about maintenance for a minute, what's the cost going to be to insure this bucket? Add that to the cost per hour to keep it in the air and if that still doesn't make your head spin, you're on a better financial road then I am.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
How the hell do you pull 7.5 G's on a T-34 BI? Or any BI for that matter.....

Probably by departing controlled flight during unusual attitudes and fucking away the recovery.

That's my guess.

I could probably cross-reference HAZREPS and mishap reports from the Naval Safety Center website and figure it out, but wait...........

Oh yeah. That violates privilege and might accidentally let all of us find the cause of a mishap. Then we'd all know how to avoid it in the future......and next thing you know dogs and cats will be living together and there will be no more safety.

Then we'll all die.

/rant