• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiting on the DCO Selection Board for PAO?

ctg8r

Roger, that.
It looks like (from these message boards) that the Supply Board that met on the 13th has already put out its results.

KMKProd

I read somewhere that the results have to be reviewed and approved before published, or something like that. Like I said, there is no consistency across different communities, or different years. There is a community manager POC at NPC that can be reached to find out what is going on. Thought the name an number escape me now... I think it was on the message announcing the board, etc.

carrieUBE

I just heard from a good friend and source, that the list was on the CHINFO's desk at the close of last week and he may take up to 40 PAO's this year...an unheard of phenomenon! Usually, it's around 6! Apparantly, 64 applied and they are taking the biggest class in years due to a growing need...we'll see. I was told that we will FINALLY know by the end of this week...maybe even Monday. Good luck everyone!!

jsgator06

Wow!

I just heard from a good friend and source, that the list was on the CHINFO's desk at the close of last week and he may take up to 40 PAO's this year...an unheard of phenomenon! Usually, it's around 6! Apparantly, 64 applied and they are taking the biggest class in years due to a growing need...we'll see. I was told that we will FINALLY know by the end of this week...maybe even Monday. Good luck everyone!!

Wow...this is fantastic news!!! That is great odds for everyone! Good luck-- when anyone finds out, post here! I will be trying to call/email tomorrow morning!

carrieUBE

Hey everyone! The preliminary results are out...my recruiter called this am. It's not the finalized list, but this is most likely it for now. They only took 22 out of the 40 needed, so the thought is that there may be another round of boards in 6 months. I didn't get in this time...(my rookie shot)...but here's to the next round! Good luck and congrats to everyone who was selected this round! I'll keep you posted if I hear about another round of boards.

jsgator06

hey, i just called my recruiter-- she checked everywhere and couldn't find the results. i'll call tomorrow to see if she can see them yet... was this like you knew someone who knew someone? oh well! crossing my fingers but not too worried if i do not get in! good luck!

ctg8r

Sorry Carrie. I'm on my rookie shot too and you've contributed to my anxiety. I'm on AT half a world away and I'm out of synch with the time of day so it's difficult to connect to my recruiter. Ugh.

KMKProd

ct---wow, great. Congratulations. Please pardon my negativity, I'm actually very upset right now. I wish I could say I am happy for you, but to be honest I am too ticked off to be happy. Not at you, you've done nothing wrong--it is great that you are able to acheive your goal. Best of luck. I am mad because for the third year/fourth board in a frickin' row, I get shut out. I wasn't even an alternate this time like I was on a previous board--and this time I had a much stronger kit. Once again the SOB's at the board pick non-priors and first-time applicants for a commission, but deny me. So now, I am done. According to my rectruiter I can't apply any more unless I have a significant change like enroll in a Master's degree program--which I can't afford to do. This also means that having my dad pin my bars on me won't happen, as his cancer is getting worse and he probably won't make it another year. Thanks alot Navy, thanks for screwing me over yet again.

ctg8r

Keep your chin up. I think the weight in my package was more than 12 years as an exec in the biz, my billet with NAVCENT, plus some networking that gave me exposure to some heavy hitters for my interviews. What you are feeling right now is one of the main reasons I left active duty eons ago. I'm sorry to hear about your dad's worsening condition. Best of luck.

Devil Duck

KMKProd, I understand your desire to vent, but the reality is that the Navy selected the MOST qualitied applicants. Three years? You could have completed any masters in two - on loans if needed.

Sorry to hear of your personal issues. If you really want the commission you'll do the work necessary to strengthen your packet (education & work experience).

drustynail

Bravo Zulu ctg8r.

Just heard back from my recruiter and he has no results posted yet. I guess FL not in the grapevine.

jsgator06

STILL gotta wait..

Sorry to hear about not being selected... I know how it feels, and I totally get how angry you are. But just remember that whatever is meant to be, will be, and maybe something way better will come along for you. Anyways, Congrats to those who did find out they are in! I just got a hold of my recruiter and while my name was confirmed to be seen at the board and on the list of packages being reviewed, when the results were released my name was no where to be found! So now they are trying to figure out if im a select or non select.. talk about a fun waiting game! Haha, oh well. If I am in, thats cool, and if not, well then I have a different purpose in life. Keep your heads up!

drustynail

Just got of the phone with a buddy that is a recruiter in the Midwest and she said that the last board result she found was from MAY 09.

I'm curious as to what district y'all belong to and what channels you went through to arrive at your results.

jsgator06

Drusty: I'm also in florida.. working with a recruiter out of jacksonville who is checking from the o-tools site on the system online I believe... from what I understood the results ARE out, but for some reason my name was not on the select or nonselect list.. strange indeed!