• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VMI, The Citadel, or VTCC?

jtellez

Congrats AllAmerican75, I also got conditionally appointed. Right now I'm getting my exams done to send to them and get the full appointment. If its possible, I HIGHLY HIGHLY reccomend visiting VMI through one of its Open House programs. It was flat out amazing and sealed the deal for me choosing to goto VMI.

Now all there is left to do is wait to hear back from NROTC board.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
If you get a chance to visit VMI, I would highly recommend it. There is just something about that place, and the bonds that you can see among the cadets that usually sell it. I know it worked for me, and as much as certain parts sucked, it was definately worth it.

pilotvmi

I agree, visit VMI during an open house weekend. You will get to talk to the rotc departments and ask them any questions you may have. Same with the academic departments. I did mechanical engineering there; it was an awsome experience. The parades are lame though, definately a downside to going there.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I've already seen the campus over winter break, but there was nobody around. I'm planning on heading back East to visit family in NC in a couple of weeks over Spring Break and my parents and I are going to visit both VMI and The Citadel, talk to the cadets, meet the coaches, chat with the NROTC guys, etc. Should be fun.:)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
lowflier03 said:
If you get a chance to visit VMI, I would highly recommend it. There is just something about that place, and the bonds that you can see among the cadets that usually sell it. I know it worked for me, and as much as certain parts sucked, it was definately worth it.

Actually the school visit is what turned me off to VMI :eek:.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
KBayDog said:
The answer should be pretty clear :)

r20060313_221163_guardsonPT.jpg

BTW, nice Kicking and Screaming quote.

Ahhhh, Padgett-Thomas in the evening........What the heck is with those weirdos in the picture though.....?????.............:D

avid

Pro Rec Y SNA
Congrats Allamerican,

I too have been appointed to VMI. I am currently at Radford University, which is about 20 minutes from Tech, and am transferring there this August. Good luck on the medical stuff. Hope to see you there.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Navyfan06 said:
Flash - Those guys in the photo are the summerall guards practicing for a performance.

Go Dogs

Yeah I know, I was joking (I am a '96 grad, I thought I gave it away by naming the barracks in the background, and no I was not a SG). Those crazy kids with their high stepping.......:eek:

buhlma

I'm a VMI alum, I would say either go to VMI or the citadel, if you are going to go the military college route go 100% or just go to tech as a regular, student, many tech cadets are considered outcasts among the rest of the school. if you have any questions about vmi i would be happy to answer

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Well, I just heard back from VA Tech. Appears that they are very grateful that I applied, but don't think that I am Hokie material. Their loss. Scratch another one off of the list.

So if you are playing the home version of this game, now is the time to take out your score cards out and cross out Virginia Tech. Your card should look something like this:

UC Davis: denied
UCSD: denied
Virginia Tech: denied
NCSU: denied

USNA: still up in the air
VMI: accepted
The Citadel: accepted

(The AW :) Lamp is on and shining brightly.)

jtellez

I got into v-tech but it don't matter since I'm in VMI. All that I care about now is whether or not I get a scholarship to vmi... im still waiting to hear back... my friend told me his friend heard back yesterday from nrotc, a 4 year scholarship to embry riddle. Weirdest thing is that his status didnt change online and no phone call, he just got it in the mail...