• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Uniforms

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Didn't you see the vid? It will somehow save the Navy millions in uniform allowances :eek:!

Pretty sure there's some fuzzy math there, since the uniform allowance is not based on how many times a particular individual has to replace his uniform, eg MM3 Smith doesn't get more allowance to replace his NWUs than ET3 Jones just because Smith's work makes them wear out more quickly. And I don't think that the allowance is going to jump down just from replacing aquaflage with woodland or desert camo.

However, MM3 Smith doesn't wear his aquaflage when he's working normally. Most of the snipes that I remember had the ships issued fire retardant coveralls.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Even on subs the uniform of the day inport (when they do most of the dirty work taking apart systems) is NWUs. They can change into greenies for really dirty stuff, but few actually do since they'd have to change at least 4x/day (start work, eat, start afternoon, finish afternoon), and that excludes going topside to smoke or running to the ship across the pier to get parts. They also have to be in NWUs to stand watch inport. Guys who start the day knowing they'll be humping to at least 1800 tend not to want to waste more time changing multiple times.

So yea, guys wear NWUs plenty for maintenance. Makes for a nice permanent pallette swap on the uniform -- gray becomes brown and blue becomes gray.

exNavyOffRec

Even on subs the uniform of the day inport (when they do most of the dirty work taking apart systems) is NWUs. They can change into greenies for really dirty stuff, but few actually do since they'd have to change at least 4x/day (start work, eat, start afternoon, finish afternoon), and that excludes going topside to smoke or running to the ship across the pier to get parts. They also have to be in NWUs to stand watch inport. Guys who start the day knowing they'll be humping to at least 1800 tend not to want to waste more time changing multiple times.

So yea, guys wear NWUs plenty for maintenance. Makes for a nice permanent pallette swap on the uniform -- gray becomes brown and blue becomes gray.

I should have said on the CVN's we would wear coveralls, we were not allowed to wear the green coveralls. the sub guys were a different story.