• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Uniforms

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm usually pretty laid back at work, but nothing gets my blood boiling faster than some fuck stick who decides to park in my spot.

exNavyOffRec

I'm usually pretty laid back at work, but nothing gets my blood boiling faster than some fuck stick who decides to park in my spot.
Ever come to work to find a crane in your parking spot? Seen it where the SY had to move gear and parked their crane where the CO/XO/CMC parked.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Haven't seen a lot of crane traffic in the parking lots that I frequent.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Would you prefer I used a stylus of some sort? Perhaps a pencil?

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Huh, interesting, I didn't think it let you delete after someone posted a reply.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So I just noticed in this week's Navy Times that some undisclosed member of the Uniform Board hinted that there is consideration for axing the NWU Type Is. Here's a link to a video since the article online is for members only:
http://www.militarytimes.com/multim...7,+2012/57707019001/57238597001/1808684953001

So if the Type II/IIIs were the norm, does conjecture mean that a future aviator style Type II/III would make sense? (like the AACUs for the Army). Or put another way, would this mean the return of coveralls for shipboard duty? Yes it's all speculation, but think of the possibilities...

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
So if the Type II/IIIs were the norm, does conjecture mean that a future aviator style Type II/III would make sense? (like the AACUs for the Army). Or put another way, would this mean the return of coveralls for shipboard duty? Yes it's all speculation, but think of the possibilities...

Going Army-style? Still better than aquaflage.

Do Army aviators wear normal ACUs or are they "aviation" versions of the uniform? I was under the impression we were going to eventually move to either those new two-piece flight suits or the Drifire types they were displaying at NHA.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
aviation version. from a distance it looks the same, but is functionally different.

We did a wear test of the drifires in the HTs, but the IFC expired and I haven't heard anything since.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So I just noticed in this week's Navy Times that some undisclosed member of the Uniform Board hinted that there is consideration for axing the NWU Type Is. Here's a link to a video since the article online is for members only:
http://www.militarytimes.com/multim...7,+2012/57707019001/57238597001/1808684953001

I guess the NEX didn't make enough money off the Blueberries & PT uniform.....now they will make even more by selling the Avacadoes? What is the Navy coming to? Geez, enough with the uniform changes!

jtmedli

pilot
I guess the NEX didn't make enough money off the Blueberries & PT uniform.....now they will make even more by selling the Avacadoes? What is the Navy coming to? Geez, enough with the uniform changes!

I agree, but ditching the blueberries would be a welcome change. I dont think I'll EVER stop hearing about how stupid those look. From other military and civilians alike.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
IIRC the enlisted personnel were given a stipend to buy the NWU. If the Navy decides to move away from aquaflage, then there will a significant monetary cost to outfit all the enlisted in a new uniform.
With the decreases coming in FY-13, I just can't see big Navy cutting that check based on comfort or popularity polls.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
IIRC the enlisted personnel were given a stipend to buy the NWU. If the Navy decides to move away from aquaflage, then there will a significant monetary cost to outfit all the enlisted in a new uniform.
With the decreases coming in FY-13, I just can't see big Navy cutting that check based on comfort or popularity polls.
Didn't you see the vid? It will somehow save the Navy millions in uniform allowances :eek:!

Pretty sure there's some fuzzy math there, since the uniform allowance is not based on how many times a particular individual has to replace his uniform, eg MM3 Smith doesn't get more allowance to replace his NWUs than ET3 Jones just because Smith's work makes them wear out more quickly. And I don't think that the allowance is going to jump down just from replacing aquaflage with woodland or desert camo.