• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Uniforms for 1390/1370's

magnetfreezer

I thought API was all bags? :confused:

Current policy is khakis/charlies/AF blues for the first 4 weeks of academics; gear issue is Thursday of the 3rd week and current policy is bags when everyone in the class passes the Nav test (Wednesday or Thursday of the 4th week depending on if there are any retakes). The survival/physiology type fun stuff the last 2 weeks is bags as well.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Current policy is khakis/charlies/AF blues for the first 4 weeks of academics; gear issue is Thursday of the 3rd week and current policy is bags when everyone in the class passes the Nav test (Wednesday or Thursday of the 4th week depending on if there are any retakes). The survival/physiology type fun stuff the last 2 weeks is bags as well.

That makes me kind of sad in pants...I was kind of hoping to be wearing green pajamas to work this time next year. :(

skidz

adrenaline junky
I was more referring to the way Mids and SNA's ask the question often "When is it okay to start wearing brown shoes"
I understand. People usually ask questions for the shorter answer, thus the "not."

Another attempt of mine that's not all that clear. My bad.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I only have the Flying Cross (NEX) mess dress, tropical and blues, and they're great. I dunno how many people have a set from both Abott's and the exchange.

Something general I've noticed over the years, it seems "bigger" folks like Abott's stuff. I noticed that all of the uniforms I ordered from them were cut entirely too big and required multiple trips to the tailor.

On the other hand, the Flying Cross "slim cut" (or whatever) from NEX fits perfectly off the rack and usually needs something simple like sleeve adjustments or hems.

Hmm, that might be an important point. I had the same issue w/ the one blouse I got. The trousers were a different story. Apparently they were cut for a unic (can't figure out how to spell that, but maybe that's for the best).

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Never went the Abott's route for uniforms. Maybe I should try though.

The NEX shirts are fine, but the pants are a different story. I gotta get'em like 2 sizes too big and get the waist taken in. Most of my pants don;t exactly look right on me.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
So would I be fine just getting the NEX stuff in general then? I put the skinny back in skinny....

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I just showed up with what I had from the academy (which is to say quite a bit). Other than the khaki's for apool/api, I've worn SDB's twice, summer whites once, and choker's once.

Bags for everything else.

fudog50

Ok i'm confused and may be unknowing help me out here...I'm a 26 year PMO (new term folks for professional maintenance officer and yes our warfare pin is coming....soon...:))

A couple questions to make me smart and keep up to speed with the current changes?

MIdNjaCK: What is a 1390/1370? i dam sure know what a 1310/1320 is.

MagneTFreezer: What policy? Is that a school policy? Because there is no "policy" or seabag requirement for Chiefs or Officers in real Navy. You are just supposed to know what you need and have the responsibilty to not get caught with your pants down, so to speak. And WTF are "charlies" and AF blues? Please enlighten me on that one? I don't need enlightenment on what the uniforms are after 26 years I think I know what they are, but why is Navy wearing them? Thanks.

And by the way, here is a "dinosaur" talking; I hope they hurry up and come out and let us start wearing the new Navy cammies because I think they are BADASS!!! I will certainly be the first one buying them and wearing them!

And another OBTW, I wear my AWG's whenever I am feeling motivated! I got mine at the thrift store at Whidbey for 40 bucks! It is a true Aviation Maintenance Officer uniform. (now known as PMO)

MasterBates

1390 = Student Naval Avaitor
1370 = Student NFO

And oh joy, ANOTHER "warfare pin".. What the hell is up with the "Wing Envy"??

Oh, and thank you for wearing the AWGs. But those cammies are horrendous.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
fudog_50;386551 MIdNjaCK: What is a 1390/1370? i dam sure know what a 1310/1320 is. And by the way said:
1.) Student NA / Student NFO

2.) I think you may be the only one.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I refuse to buy those abominations until The Man drags me kicking and screaming to the NEX.