• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UFOs?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Have you ever seen something that you couldn't explain that was not of extraterrestrial origin?
You mean other than the stock market, my wife’s interior decorating, and my kids’ mood swings?

Well, at least nothing that the DoD put out in an official press release basically saying “we don’t know what this is, but here’s the video.”

I am genuinely open to concrete theories on what could have caused it - including a hoax, equipment malfunction, etc. but I havent’t seen or heard many.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You mean other than the stock market, my wife’s interior decorating, and my kids’ mood swings?

No, not really. And certainly nothing that the DoD put out in an official press release basically saying “we don’t know what this is, but here’s the video.”

I am genuinely open to concrete theories on what could have caused it - including a hoax, equipment malfunction, etc. but I havent’t seen or heard many.
You didn't answer my question. Nobody doubts that an unexplained phenomenon was observed. It's the fact that you're jumping right to ET that I find a little disturbing.

Would you accept that I generated the phenomenon with my telekinetic powers, bestowed upon me by Jesus himself? There's an equal amount of evidence to support that claim as there is for an ET explanation.

Mirage

pilot
You didn't answer my question. Nobody doubts that an unexplained phenomenon was observed. It's the fact that you're jumping right to ET that I find a little disturbing.

Would you accept that I generated the phenomenon with my telekinetic powers, bestowed upon me by Jesus himself? There's an equal amount of evidence to support that claim as there is for an ET explanation.
As basically everyone in this thread has agreed, anyone who might know what the "tik-tak" was (or be able to explain the many other incidents the UAPTF is investigating), if they exist, won't shed any light here. So we are left to speculate, which is fun. Saying that it's impossible that it's not of Earth is just silly, though. Many well-respected scientists have stated that it's a mathematical certainty that intelligent life exists outside our solar system. Elon Musk (among many other people way smarter and accomplished than anyone here) thinks they are already watching us and we just can't detect them. As another possibility here, many very sane and intelligent people believe we're living in a simulation. Demonizing someone for not also closing their mind off to all unlikely possibilities is a pretty shameful practice.

And before you say anything about Musk, I agree he has many crazy idea's, too. But the same open-mindedness and creativity that let him see the EV revolution and believe he could create a company from scratch that vastly out-performs the Roscosmos, NASA, Boeing, Lockheed, etc. in creating space-going technology, is the same open-mindedness that you are failing to demonstrate.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Saying that it's impossible that it's not of Earth is just silly, though.
I didn't say it was impossible. I said that to jump to ET as the most plausible explanation doesn't make any sense. It's just as likely that I used my telekinetic powers. There is zero correlation between the possibility that ET life exists, and the probability that they visited us in the early 21st century in fast moving tic tacs in W-291. However people like you, or Musk may fantasize about ET life, there remains zero evidence for the existence of an ET presence on this planet.

Hair Warrior

Contributor

So what do you think?
  1. alien technology
  2. future earth technology (time travel)
  3. present day earth technology (USA/Russia/China/corporation/other)
  4. optical illusion/faulty instruments/loose weather balloon caught in wind current over an ocean geyser/magma displacement/two whales having sex
  5. elaborate hoax
  6. none of the above
<sigh> As I posted two years ago, I admit there could be a mundane explanation.

If you think option #3, it's either newsworthy (ours) or concerning for national security (not ours).

If you think option #4, it should be concerning, given how much we’ve invested in the SPY-1, FLIR, etc. for those sensors to malfunction.

If you think option #5, that’s quite a head fake to dozens or hundreds of our own sailors. Sure it's possible, though. My family and in-laws still insist carrots are good for eyesight, despite that being a WW2 disinformation campaign. (Spoiler alert: it wasn't a carrot, it was a radically new technology built by the military.) The SECNAV filed some crazy-sounding patents with USPTO - all a big charade?

As for option #6, I'm all ears if you've got alternatives. So far, nothing heard.

If your issue is with how I ordered the options #1-6, when their order doesn't matter, then re-order them.

Pags

N/A
pilot
<sigh> As I posted two years ago, I admit there could be a mundane explanation.

If you think option #3, it's either newsworthy (ours) or concerning for national security (not ours).

If you think option #4, it should be concerning, given how much we’ve invested in the SPY-1, FLIR, etc. for those sensors to malfunction.

If you think option #5, that’s quite a head fake to dozens or hundreds of our own sailors. Sure it's possible, though. My family and in-laws still insist carrots are good for eyesight, despite that being a WW2 disinformation campaign. (Spoiler alert: it wasn't a carrot, it was a radically new technology built by the military.) The SECNAV filed some crazy-sounding patents with USPTO - all a big charade?

As for option #6, I'm all ears if you've got alternatives. So far, nothing heard.

If your issue is with how I ordered the options #1-6, when their order doesn't matter, then re-order them.
If it's 3 and ours its shouldn't be newsworthy unless someone has decided it's to for it to be revealed. It's ok for the govt to have secret stealth helicopters that no one publicly knows about until pictures of one crashed in Pakistan show up. As to #4 I think you're putting too much blind faith in technology and don't have the operator perspective that many of others on here have with sensors. At some point they still have their limitations and they can display odd things based on their processing, etc.

25 years ago lots of people were losing their minds over crop circles and lots of crazy explanations were batted around because all the experts said it was impossible for the crop circles to have been made by human hands. But then the guy behind them finally admitted to it being him and showed the world his process. After which everyone said "oh, huh, I guess that would work." Point being that odds are that there's a far more likely explanation. Or it just ends up as more "weird shit Sailors and pilots see at night" ala the Gorman Dogfight.

Or, perhaps you know something we don't. If that's the case: BEADWINDOW.

Last edited:

Hair Warrior

Contributor
If it's 3 and ours its shouldn't be newsworthy unless someone has decided it's to for it to be revealed. It's ok for the govt to have secret stealth helicopters that no one publicly knows about until pictures of one crashed in Pakistan show up.
100% agree. But then, why release the FLIR videos of our own secret program? OSD issued a press release on it. As you know, FOIA has exemptions for classified information. Maybe the releases are part of a hoax or disinformation campaign to hide our capabilities, which is plausible, but then that press release won't age well, and the amount of blue-on-blue disinformation "friendly fire" is pretty high.
As to #4 I think you're putting too much blind faith in technology and don't have the operator perspective that many of others on here have with sensors. At some point they still have their limitations and they can display odd things based on their processing, etc.
100% agree. I don't have the operator perspective. But technical faults in our sensor suites should be concerning because that vulnerability could be exploited in a peer conflict. Whiskey diverted a training sortie and vectored a VFA CO and his wingman to a spot of empty ocean, where they either saw something or didn't. In a real conflict, obviously we don't want our pilots being sent on wild goose chases after sensor blips that end up being nothing. The PEO is hopefully looking into these events and making sure we're acquiring/ testing/ maintaining/ operating our sensors to function as intended.

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I didn't say it was impossible. I said that to jump to ET as the most plausible explanation doesn't make any sense.
That's a statement backed by science. Short answer- series of consecutive miracles required; math doesn't favor that.

Pop Mechanics version:

Detailed paper from last week with math and shit:

Mirage

pilot
I didn't say it was impossible.... It's just as likely that I used my telekinetic powers.
You say it's as likely as if you used your telekinetic powers, which is impossible. Therefore, you're saying it's impossible.

I said that to jump to ET as the most plausible explanation doesn't make any sense.
I think you're fighting ghosts, man. Nobody has claimed ET is the most plausible explanation, only that it would be foolish to rule it out. Just like it would be foolish to rule out that it's the Chinese or Russians, even though that also seems crazy for many of the reasons already pointed out in this thread.

There is zero correlation between the possibility that ET life exists, and the probability that they visited us in the early 21st century in fast moving tic tacs in W-291.
So it's possible that ET life exists, but you don't think that increases the probability that ET life could visit us? Of course it does, which is correlation.

However people like you, or Musk may fantasize about ET life, there remains zero evidence for the existence of an ET presence on this planet.
There also remains zero evidence for any of the other possible explanations. Again, nobody is claiming to have the answer here. I doubt the UAPTF completely pretends it's not possible that this technology was not made by humans (if it even is "technology" and not some other explanation). It is possible enough that aliens both exist and visit us that it would be unscientific to rule it out until the facts allow you to.

That's a statement backed by science. Short answer- series of consecutive miracles required; math doesn't favor that.

Pop Mechanics version:

Detailed paper from last week with math and shit:
Sure, and I could point you to many other who say the opposite. There are hundreds of scientists who spend their entire lives trying to answer this question, and they're funded by billions upon billions of dollars from governments and other organizations. Separate from SETI or anyone else, the US Gov has literally been studying this for decades. They don't do this because it's impossible or because they're crazy.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nobody has claimed ET is the most plausible explanation
That is incorrect. It was discussed previously when this thread started months ago. HW's position has been pretty clear - he can't explain it, so it's probably ET. Are my telekinetic powers impossible? How can you really know that? It's no less outlandish a claim than the one HW is making... or that Jesus is real.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
facepalm-deja-q-1200x873.jpg