• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UFOs?

Mirage

pilot
"I don't know" applies, regardless of the classification of the briefing. ;)
You're speculating that that's what they're saying. Perhaps there's evidence of it involving another state, or other explanation. Or perhaps they don't know. But we don't know what they know, so what's the point in pretending we do?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You're speculating that that's what they're saying. Perhaps there's evidence of it involving another state, or other explanation. Or perhaps they don't know. But we don't know what they know, so what's the point in pretending we do?
Sorry. I'll certainly refrain from any speculation on the matter in the future if it makes you uncomfortable. FWIW, there's a good bit of reporting on this on JWICS. You should probably check that out... you know... to avoid speculation.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Curious how much more mileage media outlets think they can get out of this. It's just entertaining to watch this exercise in PhD level hyperbole.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Curious how much more mileage media outlets think they can get out of this. It's just entertaining to watch this exercise in PhD level hyperbole.
Tbh, seems like it’s becoming a lucrative new genre of straight-to-streaming documentaries. Regardless of the veracity of the info. The cost to produce documentaries is dropping and the streaming companies are outbidding each other to produce mediocre content en masse (on every topic, not just this one).

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Speaking of...I was "forced" to watch at work the first couple of episodes from the new season of Skin Crawler Ranch recently. I still haven't been able to figure out if they are all taking their own idiocy seriously or if they're all in on the joke. The episode where they try and drop GPS trackers out of a helicopter may be the pinnacle example of their ignorance about...well, pretty much everything.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Speaking of...I was "forced" to watch at work the first couple of episodes from the new season of Skin Crawler Ranch recently. I still haven't been able to figure out if they are all taking their own idiocy seriously or if they're all in on the joke. The episode where they try and drop GPS trackers out of a helicopter may be the pinnacle example of their ignorance about...well, pretty much everything.
You are a hero…I couldn’t even make it through the commercials for that show!

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My wife watches that ridiculous show. You are correct, they have all consumed the Kool-Aid and absolutely hype up everything.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
My wife watches that ridiculous show. You are correct, they have all consumed the Kool-Aid and absolutely hype up everything.
My favorite part, and one repeatedly quoted for the next week at work, was when they were dropping the sensors out of the helicopter: "Huh, they keep going behind us! There must be some unseen force!"

And that was the planetary astrophysicist.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
If I were in charge of that ranch, for TV entertainment purposes, I would have an array of commercial drones (sUAS) with full up ISR (E/O, FLIR, multi-spectral) that are each pre-programmed to a different hot spot. Maybe even a Constant Phoenix-esque sniffer with a jury rigged Geiger counter payload. Something weird seen on the mesa? Click 1 to send drone 1 to that spot in 30 seconds. Most likely, the “anomaly” was some optical illusion or explainable event they’d discover once the drone gets close. I’m not saying they would actually discover anything… just that it would make for better television.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
My favorite part, and one repeatedly quoted for the next week at work, was when they were dropping the sensors out of the helicopter: "Huh, they keep going behind us! There must be some unseen force!"

1F0147E6-DEAE-473A-81CD-E7BF57FC190F.jpeg

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

OK, admittedly I bailed on collegiate physics after calc-based E&M. But I have to ask . . . what precisely would a "seen" force look like? All forces are unseen. You only see their effects on other things. It's like "assless chaps." Of course they're assless, otherwise they'd be pants.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
All forces are unseen.
examples-of-forces-l.jpg

According to some physics textbook, anyway.